When in gods name is online multiplayer coming out?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
arz8

When in gods name is online multiplayer coming out?

Post by arz8 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:55 pm

I've had this game for several years and wanted to pick it up again to play with my bro. I fully expected there to be online multiplayer by now, but there isn't. Whats even more shocking was that a server browser was in development over 9 years ago, and it still hasn't been released. For me, in a game like this, the only thing that can create any sort of lasting appeal would be an online multiplayer where you fight real people, not just A.I in the story. Like really guys? A story is fun for a good 30 minutes until you beat it and move on forever. Plus the multiplayer mod is buggy to the point of unplayable. It crashes, fails to connect to the actual servers, so on. Don't try it. Anyway, point is you'd have a much more consistent and happy user base if you made multiplayer.

Silverfish

Re: When in gods name is online multiplayer coming out?

Post by Silverfish » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:26 am

Online multiplayer was something David played around with a long time ago. I could be wrong, but as I remember it was never decided to put it into the final game.

At this point we have no plans to keep working on Overgrowth.

I agree though, online multiplayer would have been really fun!

arz8

Post by arz8 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm

You guys stopped? Thats a little saddening actually because I absolutely loved this game back when Idubbbz still made vids. I hope you get back into it at some point because it's not finished yet!!! Still has potential in every way if u ask me. But yea a shame that the multiplayer was dumped and never looked at again. That could've been a big selling point.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:20 am

Yes, no Overgrowth plans for the moment. We're working on a unannounced project.

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:32 pm

Thank you for your post. I have read through several similar topics! However, your article gave me a very special impression, unlike other articles. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like this or more to share with everyone! wheel spinner