Blood In Overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Ac30

Blood In Overgrowth

Post by Ac30 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:13 am

To the Alpha people, I'm thinking of pre-ordering, but I just wanted to know if there was an option to turn blood off, 'cause my parents really hate it, and when they're around, well... :(

Skofo

Re: Blood In Overgrowth

Post by Skofo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:52 am

Hahah, what's wrong with blood? It's a natural thing! I don't really get the mentality of "more blood = more mature". :lol:

Also, I'm pretty sure that blood in Overgrowth will be turn offable, as in Lugaru. I'd wait for an official word from Jeff/David/etc, though.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:56 am

Skofo wrote:Hahah, what's wrong with blood? It's a natural thing! I don't really get the mentality of "more blood = more mature". :lol:

Also, I'm pretty sure that blood in Overgrowth will be turn offable, as in Lugaru. I'd wait for an official word from Jeff/David/etc, though.
Hrrmmm, apart from the fact that the first part of this post may sound slightly offensive to those who could easily take things the wrong way, (which is likely on the internet. I myself have done so plently of times) I agree.

blood and maturity are not at all linked in any way, unless you start talking about menstrual cycles.

And I doubt there won't be an off-function for blood, seeing as Jeff's already promised us maximalisation of the toggle-options on the details, and Lugaru 1 also had such an option.

In fact, I'd be quite shocked if there wouldn't be such an option.
(But it'd probably take a while for me to notice it isn't there)

Ralok

Post by Ralok » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:21 pm

menstrual cycle blood is even less mature in nature then blood from wounds.

you pretend it doesnt exsists and whne your on a camping trip your mom attracts a bear. its something people have to live with.

blood from a wound doesn't need to exist.. you dont need to slice a dudes neck open.

blood is symbolic of death
thats why people shun it

even though you just beat a wolves head in with your bare hands. blood would suddenly make it violent

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:25 pm

(kid's) cartoons can be pretty violent, just that they don't usually have blood

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:26 am

Ozymandias wrote:(kid's) cartoons can be pretty violent, just that they don't usually have blood
Typical American/European cartoons, that rule applies on.
But the Japanese are a lot more realistic.
Anyone ever seen 'Bleach'?
That's got quite some blood.
Realistic amounts, though.
No sea-flowing blood-baths in their literal sense.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:49 am

Is 'Bleach' a kid's cartoon?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Depends what you call 'kid's cartoon'. It's reasonably mature, as in, not like nutcracker, but it isn't as mature as, say, X-files, or something.

Think Batman, but with blood.
(EDIT: Batman cartoons, that is. Not the full films. They're different.)

Noz

Post by Noz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Bleach is essential proportionally incorrect dudes chopping each other to bits.
Glabbit wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:(kid's) cartoons can be pretty violent, just that they don't usually have blood
Typical American/European cartoons, that rule applies on.
But the Japanese are a lot more realistic.
Anyone ever seen 'Bleach'?
That's got quite some blood.
Realistic amounts, though.
No sea-flowing blood-baths in their literal sense.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:24 am

Noz wrote:Bleach is essential proportionally incorrect dudes chopping each other to bits.
So is Lugaru. :D

Bleach started pretty nice, but it went overboard and lost all that made it interesting.
I like series that end. Like Avatar, that's a cool cartoon. The third-season ending wasn't quite to the same level of awesome as the two others, but it was a fantastic series.
Does anyone here know Gargoyles? The first season was fantastic. The second season had lots of great episodes, including multiparters. City of Stone? All humans turned to stone, with the villain walking the streets and mauling the "statues" on-screen? :twisted:
I haven't seen the old Batman animated series, but I've heard lots of good things about it. I might buy the DVDs.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Noz wrote:Bleach is essential proportionally incorrect dudes chopping each other to bits.
Well, yes, I-
...no...
What?
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying...

FizzleMoose

Post by FizzleMoose » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm

I know this is WAY late but... like... this turned out to be unresolved. And umm. I was kind of wondering if blood was toggle-able as well. I have Radeon graphics and it's not very good... blood just makes me lag. And well, Radeon all together just isn't compatible. So, is anyone still here? And by the way, he wasn't asking if blood was socially accepted. His parents just don't like violence. Can we at least get on topic here?

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:30 pm

FizzleMoose wrote:I know this is WAY late but... like... this turned out to be unresolved. And umm. I was kind of wondering if blood was toggle-able as well. I have Radeon graphics and it's not very good... blood just makes me lag. And well, Radeon all together just isn't compatible. So, is anyone still here? And by the way, he wasn't asking if blood was socially accepted. His parents just don't like violence. Can we at least get on topic here?
Way to go bumping a 2009 topic -_- JK as long as it's on topic i'm sure it's fine :) Blood isn't toggle-able at the moment and it lag most of everyone's PC as does ragdolling. if his parents don't like violence then they don't have to watch the game. :)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

I think this mod makes it possible to turn blood off.

Penaloza1337

Post by Penaloza1337 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Ac30 wrote:To the Alpha people, I'm thinking of pre-ordering, but I just wanted to know if there was an option to turn blood off, 'cause my parents really hate it, and when they're around, well... :(
PARENTS!! My mom doesn't care. But when I bleed, She will make me learn my lesson. :(