The future of wolfire.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Daemon

Post by Daemon » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:02 pm

hl2 pwns any other games including doom3 and far cry interms of graphics wow I am bumping an old thread problems is it sin't cross platform so no hl2 for mac guys

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:10 pm

Daemon wrote:hl2 pwns any other games including doom3 and far cry interms of graphics wow I am bumping an old thread problems is it sin't cross platform so no hl2 for mac guys
Unreadable
Forum Rules wrote:5. Please keep the conversation above 2nd grade level, basic spelling and grammar are appreciated.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:20 pm

Daemon wrote:hl2 pwns any other games including doom3 and far cry interms of graphics wow I am bumping an old thread problems is it sin't cross platform so no hl2 for mac guys
Half Life 2 owns any other game as far as graphics, including Doom 3 and Far Cry.
Wow I am bumping an old thread..
Problem is that it(Half Life 2) isn't cross platform so no Half Life 2 for mac guys.
[Edit] typo fixed [/edit]
Last edited by zip on Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fragmental

Post by fragmental » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:18 pm

zip wrote:
Half Life 2 owns any other game as far as graphics, including Doom 3 and Far Cry.
Wow I am bumping an old thread..
Problem is that it(Half Life 2) isn't cross platform so now Half Life 2 for mac guys.
So close!

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:28 pm

off topic---fragmental has a ass-trocious icon. david should sue.
on topic---Ut04 only runs on my g5 smoothly, w/ vehicles. (it lags on my g4 and g5)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:17 am

It lags and runs smoothly on your G5?

fragmental

Post by fragmental » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:17 am

levbot wrote:off topic---fragmental has a ass-trocious icon. david should sue.
on topic---Ut04 only runs on my g5 smoothly, w/ vehicles. (it lags on my g4 and g5)
I was just waiting for somebody to say something. It's actually a picture of my eye a took years ago. I think my intention was to show someone how very green it is. I will change it now.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:15 am

you people wrote:ut2k4, halo and stuff
thread topic wrote:The future of wolfire.
Indeedgames got nice graphics these days, but as far as I know this is not an off topic forum :)

*party pooper*

anyways. Degrading the topic from graphics, to engines, to Phoenix engine: Will Turner be able to walk stairs like normal people, instead of "floating over them" or tripping up and falling head first down? :)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:37 am

Too bad the physics based animation gif stopped working..
Yes, I think it's safe to assume so.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:22 am

Nuky wrote:
you people wrote:ut2k4, halo and stuff
thread topic wrote:The future of wolfire.
Indeedgames got nice graphics these days, but as far as I know this is not an off topic forum :)

*party pooper*

anyways. Degrading the topic from graphics, to engines, to Phoenix engine: Will Turner be able to walk stairs like normal people, instead of "floating over them" or tripping up and falling head first down? :)
Turner will walk up stairs perfectly. That is part of the advantage of physics based animations.

Revok

Re:

Post by Revok » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:07 am

zip wrote:Are you the PC from avara?

I registered to say that PC from Avara is a true legend.

I was considering trying that Ambrosia game Uplink and then remembered that i havent googled avara in a few years. (I try to scope out what people are talking about avara every couple years) Searching Plastic Chicken Avara took me to your post.

Shit man I used to kick it on avaraline all the time, even had a dropbox there. I'm fucking sure that avarline still exists in some fashion on frogblast or w/e.

Walldoor arena! I would play the shit out of some walldoor right now... or choke... or malkavian...

MrOtton

Re: The future of wolfire.

Post by MrOtton » Tue May 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Revok wrote:
zip wrote:Are you the PC from avara?

I registered to say that PC from Avara is a true legend.

I was considering trying that Ambrosia game Uplink and then remembered that i havent googled avara in a few years. (I try to scope out what people are talking about avara every couple years) Searching Plastic Chicken Avara took me to your post.

Shit man I used to kick it on avaraline all the time, even had a dropbox there. I'm fucking sure that avarline still exists in some fashion on frogblast or w/e.

Walldoor arena! I would play the shit out of some walldoor right now... or choke... or malkavian...
lol, this thread is sooooo old... :roll:

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Beat ya to it, karel.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 pm

I can't say exactly why, but something in my innermost being feels that Revok's post is a banable offense. And it's not just due to the necro. :evil: