Is arena the stage for multiplayer?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
gamegoo

Is arena the stage for multiplayer?

Post by gamegoo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:54 am

As you all probably know the blog announced the idea of wolves fighting in an arena because they are forced to by dogs. The Arena poses great new possibilities that can go two ways. The first it is an unlock-able after the game that replaces the challenges in lugaru. The second, this idea poses the best place to have multiplayer! You're on teams or every rabbit for himself and you have to fight to the death in the arena. You could have CoD: WaW system to unlock weapons like you start off with the basics, a dagger and a staff. But as you win more you get points and unlock newer weapons. The only negative is you could possibly drop these weapons for your opponent to grab and use on you. This really isn't a negative gameplay wise just for the player who get beat to a pulp by a person that took you weapon. All in all this announcement might just be the first true glimpse at multiplayer or even the combat system and that gets me very, very excited.

Skofo

Re: Is arena the stage for multiplayer?

Post by Skofo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Oh man, I missed that part about wolves being forced to fight each other by dogs. That's pretty damn brutal.

Also, I don't doubt that there will be arena stages for multiplayer. :D

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:17 pm

I sort of figured an arena level was pretty much a given.

gamegoo

Post by gamegoo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Well lets get some suggestions on what it would be like

Skofo

Post by Skofo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:38 pm

gamegoo wrote:Well lets get some suggestions on what it would be like
You mean opinions? I have no idea what it'll be like. Perhaps you should ask Wolfire.

gamegoo

Post by gamegoo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Well I assume everyone has their own ideas of what it should be like Im interested to see what they are.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:50 pm

I think arena should be a multiplayer map, but I want a range of different levels for multiplayer. Including ones that make no sense. Flying block fight anyone?

Skofo

Post by Skofo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Since it's an arena for entertainment purposes, and given the theme of run-down concrete structures, I imagine that it'll be like the Colosseum as it is today.

Minus the streets and cars and stuff.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm

Another thing I thought of was the arena itself. would there be objects and stuff inside? if so big objects would obstruct the audience's view and such so they would have to be cages or something *shrug*

danster724

Post by danster724 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:00 pm

You can fight through wave after wave of enemies in the arena and when you finally get to the end the boss is WHALE MAN and you have to take him down for the screaming audience.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 pm

after which you get a cheat which allows you to play the campaign through as whaleman. or even get a whaleman campaign.

danster724

Post by danster724 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:16 am

Oh sweet crap yes

gamegoo

Post by gamegoo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:29 am

Yea i kinda did assume it would be like the roman colosseum. NOw if you have waves of enemies wouldn't it be a non-multiplayer thing? I'm just wondering how that would work. I do like the whaleman idea however. I also would like to see other maps. And now that I'm thinking of it, different modes. I don't know about you but i could easily see a race mode in the multiplayer. Sorta like the floating block map but you have to race to the other end. The two sets of speed (bipedal, animal) make it a good thing for racing. But back to the colosseum. Think gladiators. Just one on one to the death stuff. Maybe toss in some lions or other wild creatures (hint,hint!) to mix things up a bit.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:43 pm

gamegoo wrote:Yea i kinda did assume it would be like the roman colosseum. NOw if you have waves of enemies wouldn't it be a non-multiplayer thing?
Gears of War style Horde in Lugaru?

That would WORK SO GODAMN WELL.

But again, it would be best if you could also play it in non-arena style maps. Like...

Flying block horde anyone?

gamegoo

Post by gamegoo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Well now that you put it into GoW terms it seems to be better. lol. I just don't see how well it would work since lugaru usually sucked when it came to fighting 2+ enemies in the first place.....