Animal Ideas

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Pyrokwah

Animal Ideas

Post by Pyrokwah » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:15 am

Obviously, Overgrowth will contain rabbits and wolves. I was just wondering, is there something of a list of animals? Also, I wanted to propose some animals myself. I was thinking that if it wasn't already included, that the developers might want to look into:

Armadillos (the balling-up antic of theirs would make for some interesting gameplay, maybe you could ally with them and use them as a projectile that you kick?)

Birds (Catch hold and fly as a means of transportation to other levels?)

Cheetahs - The fact that they run fast, but only for a short period of time would make for a cool survive-attack-survive-attack fight in my mind, but i don't think that should be used too much.

Bears - A huge 10-foot brute that you have to outsmart, find a weakspot, or climb up on his back. Classic brains vs. brawn (because wolves are smart, but bears would be MUCH stronger)

Aquatic creatures - I know that this would be extremely hard, but is swimming and therefore underwater fighting a good idea?

I tried to go for animals that would make for a varied gameplay, adding a little surprise and changing it up. I understand that this would be a hard task for the developers, but i think that it would be time very well spent.

Glabbit

Re: Animal Ideas

Post by Glabbit » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:29 am

There shall be rats and cats in addition to the rabbits and wolves. Any other creatures are unconfirmed, but we do know that the team will stick to mammals.
That includes the Whaleman.

Those are some neat ideas you have, though.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:32 am

There have been blog posts about the races that will be included: rabbits, rats, dogs, cats, wolves, and there's a thread about 'the missing races'. Also, the devs are leaving non-mammals unintelligent, but that doesn't stop mods. I was almost finished with modeling a reptilian (chelonian, actually) warrior when my computer's graphics card died. Hopefully I can get back to working on it soonish, and then post results.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Alot of changes have happened since then, but I think it's only mammals in the overgrowth universe, and only rabbits, rats, dogs, cats and wolves on Lugaru (the island, not the game).

Of course that does mean that there's probably batmen somewhere in the world as well as all of the aquatic mammals, so flying and swimming animals could be there for Lugaru 3/Overgrowth 2, even if it isn't in overgrowth.

Though Lugaru 3/Overgrowth 2 is miles away yet if it gets made at all.

Long story short- This entire post is mindless guessing.

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 pm

Making a mod to add them shouldn't be too hard.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:50 am

they've allrady outruled water, so i guess this post is absolutely pointless even though I'd like more races as well
Last edited by m3nace on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyrokwah

Post by Pyrokwah » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:56 am

I mean, everything up there except for the flying and swimming creatures are mammals, and there are flying and swimming mammals such as bats and platypus's and yes, whales.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:17 am

Pyrokwah wrote:I mean, everything up there except for the flying and swimming creatures are mammals, and there are flying and swimming mammals such as bats and platypus's and yes, whales.
what i meant was that we (the fans) don't have that much freedom in codeveloping the game as to say what animals we want. I think we all want water but we wont get it because of the pressure on the devs thus more races would just pressure them even more which is why they won't add more races. They've got a tight schedual i believe

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Pyrokwah wrote:platypus's
I'm not sure if they count.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Pyrokwah wrote:platypus's
Not platypie?

nicko9199

Post by nicko9199 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 pm

hey you know what,this is my first post and on this topic i should say,you should add like dogs to team up with the rabbits and rats. if the water creatures are added i might request like alligators,sharks,fish,and eels.the eels could be like boneless and just swim to you and shock you unless you grab them and reverse. that i think would be a good idea. if gorillas were on here i would totally freaking be one!

nicko9199

Post by nicko9199 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Oh yeah, the Gorillas could be half the size of the Bears and nearly the same strength but faster and more sneaky. Monkeys would also be cool because they could like climb trees and jump from tree to tree like birds. Oh that gave me a thought. Birds could glide in the air for a while and do an air assault which if that could be in overgrowth or a future game lugaru then i would buy that game.

nicko9199

Post by nicko9199 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:52 pm

This could be a good one. Giant Crocodiles that are bigger than bears and much stronger! :twisted:
They could be able to snap at the player and the enemy also so they would be like a reptile that attacks all in its way! it stands up on its hind legs and uses its furosious teeth and jaws to crush they'r pray :twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

nicko9199

Post by nicko9199 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 pm

and one more post here for me. if your gonna wanna add more races than you can add like demon races of every race. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:38 am

nicko you have good ideas and are obviously quite enthusiastic, but you should read viewtopic.php?f=2&t=575 the rules though there's really nothing specific in there about quadruple posts all those things could have been fit into one post and if they were only thought of after finishing there's always the edit button.

Btw I don't think I welcomed you to the forums so welcome. enjoy your stay :lol: