A request for people who don't have fast computers

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Altanic

A request for people who don't have fast computers

Post by Altanic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 pm

I think they should add some features in Overgrowth for those who dont have amazing gaming computers. My computer is pretty much a standard computer, and is pretty good for gaming, but it doesnt look like Overgrowth is gonna run like Lugaru does right now. Maybe they can add in the options menu, texture detail, shadows, over-all quality, etc. Just so that the people who own computers that cant handle amazing graphics, can benefit from the Amazing Gameplay of Overgrowth!!!!

Ozymandias

Re: A request for people who don't have fast computers

Post by Ozymandias » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Overgrowth is an alpha and has little/no optimization. The finished product should have various video options so you can increase performance or make the game look better. But for now....

Altanic

Post by Altanic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Well, i wasnt particularly talking about the Alpha's I meant the game overall :/

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:31 am

Huh, the alpha -is- the game right now... soo...

Altanic

Post by Altanic » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 am

I'm not talking about the Alpha!!! IM TALKING ABOUT THE GAME!!!!! LIKE the finished product??!?!?!?!?!?

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:22 am

The finished product doesn't exist!!! :shock:

Just be patient. The alpha does not represent the finished product, and so it's neither necessary or recommended to discuss the current performance.

- Black
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Altanic

Post by Altanic » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:13 pm

ahhh no one understands this at all. I SAID, I HOPE THAT PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FAST COMPUTERS CAN TONE DOWN THE GRAPHICS IN THE FULL GAME?!!! NOW DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND?!!! :evil:

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:01 pm

Altanic wrote:ahhh no one understands this at all. I SAID, I HOPE THAT PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FAST COMPUTERS CAN TONE DOWN THE GRAPHICS IN THE FULL GAME?!!! NOW DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND?!!! :evil:
I think everyone understands perfectly. They assumed, however that you were getting your information on how fast OG would run from running the preordered Alpha on your computer at 3 FPS. Thus, they explained that the final product would be much more optimized, and much faster than the current speed of the alpha.

Ozymandias literally answered your question:
The finished product should have various video options so you can increase performance or make the game look better.
But I'll answer it specifically:

Yes, you will be able to change various graphics settings if you want to make the game run faster.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Hmm, I wonder if he's unsure of what an alpha is.

Alpha and Beta versions of... just about anything, are basically just preliminary test versions to make sure that everything in running correctly. Beta versions are usually more optimized and resemble what the final product will be like. In fact, most games have 'open betas' or 'closed betas' etc. so that many people can test a product and send feedback and bug reports before the final version is released. Overgrowth is the first game I've heard of that has had a 'closed alpha' (only available to people who have preordered) and there are more problems to be expected.

To put it in simpler terms, the alpha that everybody who's preordered and has access to is simply the alpha/very early stage of the game (it doesn't even have many of the advertised features. 'ninja rabbit combat' but we have no combat yet) and the full game that you are talking about isn't even created yet. Perhaps when the alpha actually reaches one of its "official alpha' stages it will have more optimization and such, but until then you are just going to have to wait like many of the others.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Altanic wrote:ahhh no one understands this at all. I SAID, I HOPE THAT PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FAST COMPUTERS CAN TONE DOWN THE GRAPHICS IN THE FULL GAME?!!! NOW DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND?!!! :evil:
:|

The alpha has no optimization, the game probably will. Since the game isn't out yet and all we have is the alpha, you should have said:
Altanic should have wrote:the alpha's should have optimization for people who don't have fast computers

kevin nisute

Post by kevin nisute » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:07 am

This isn't about optimization. It's about giving the option to run the game with better graphics when you've got a good rid, and tone down the effects on a lower end machine.

tokage

Post by tokage » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:33 pm

kevin nisute wrote:This isn't about optimization. It's about giving the option to run the game with better graphics when you've got a good rid, and tone down the effects on a lower end machine.
Actually, you can do that even now with the alpha. But that doesn't really matter, because I doubt Altanic has preordered, yet. He has no posts in the SPF.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Neither do I.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Well, now you all scared him away, we won't see him here anymore :)

Lord_of_Sausage

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:49 pm

nutcracker wrote:Well, now you all scared him away, we won't see him here anymore :)
*Your skill in "Stating the obvious" has increased to 2*