Renegade_Turner Schools the Wolfire Forums on Semantics

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Re: Disgusted

Post by Wilbefast » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:15 am

I've been rummaging through the guy's posts, and thus far I've only come up with a bunch of conversations along the lines of:

Code: Select all

bool battle_of_wits(Forumite ren, Forumite wolf)
{
     while (true)
     {
Renegade_Turner wrote:Spastic.
Armored Wolf wrote:I know you are but what am I?

Code: Select all

}
return general_disharmony = true;
}
I still haven't found anything that would justify this relentless hatred. Okay, we had:
Armored Wolf wrote:I am disgusted with the lack of updates. It is possible I have missed one, but I doubt it. I am here almost everyday and I am also subscribed to their YouTube account, so I should have spotted one or the other.
But then there was:
Armored Wolf wrote:All right, disgusted was a bit over the top. If I wrote that now, instead of yesterday, I wouldn't be half as hardhanded.
So yeah, he really needs to learn to think before he posts, but we've all been there, and at least he acknowledges his mistakes when he makes them. I can't imagine Ren admitting as much, unless of course it's followed by:
Renegade_Turner wrote: ... 3 or 4 years ago when I was still socially awkward and didn't have a girlfriend.
To me maturity the ability to recognize when you're in the wrong, and to reserve judgement when you're not in any position to make one, while immaturity is the compulsive urge to get the last word in every argument.

Now, I'm about as Christian as Satan, but I figure there's some truth in "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Wilbefast wrote:...To me maturity the ability to recognize when you're in the wrong, and to reserve judgement when you're not in any position to make one, while immaturity is the compulsive urge to get the last word in every argument.
Which is why I'll never be mature :P ...

Maturity is overrated anyway ... its the "grass is greener" phenomenon ...

Our whole adolescent life we wish to be treated as an adult, and when we become an adult we wish we could go back to when we were kids ...

I no longer understand the obsession with kids trying to be treated like adults ... even though i remember thinking that myself at one time ...

Ignorance truely is bliss ...
Last edited by Assaultman67 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:Our whole adolescent life we wish to be treated as an adult, and when we become an adult we wish we could go back to when we were kids
Too true :|

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Soundly beating the deceased metaphysical riding animal with our symphonic cacophony of clacking plastic sheep herders attached to the tube god's visual viewing device that enters our financially gelatinous grey matter of copyrighted materials. But what is a journey if it is not between points A and B? Although I think the lawyers are making the biggest benefit out of this entire ordeal. So does your mom.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Yay pot.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:10 pm

That's not pot dude, that's acid.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:*A lot of pussyfootery.*
I'm going to peg all that down to blind envy. You could just worship me, man.
Wilbefast wrote:*More psychobabble.*
I can't imagine "relentless hatred" really describes my feelings. I reserve relentless hatred for crying babies, Insane Clown Posse and Michael Moore. Armored Wolf is more of an annoyance. Do you not find the constant need to post incessantly to further a post count even mildly irritating?

Anyway, since you suggested it, I'll cast the first stone.

He's a spastic.

Also, I'm sure there was some time when I admitted to being wrong long ago when I was once mortal.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Aren't you agnostic? (or atheist?)

How could you ever worship an agnostic ... :lol:

I mean, how could someone claim to be a god, and yet not know if god exists :P

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:12 pm

I'm sorry, you appear unaware of the various uses of different words. Allow me to point you in the right direction.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Aworship

Note the definitions which do not relate to any deity or religion. Someone who had bothered to think for an extra 5 seconds about their post would have realised that such loopholes exist in their logic.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Also, I'm sure there was some time when I admitted to being wrong long ago when I was once mortal.
:lol:

So you're beyond the restrictions of death, but not a god ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Ahh, another loophole in your logic. Allow me to google that for you...again...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Connor+MacLeod

Revise your arguments, they're too easy to find holes in.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:19 pm

hmm, i think you missed my point ...

If you are immortal, you pretty much fit the definition of god (well truly immortal ... Connor MacLeod could die, he just chose not to die and had the ability to defend himself from those who could kill him)

then again, I'd say were getting a bit picky on semantics wouldn't you say? :wink:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Yes, I would say you are being a bit picky about your view of semantics.

Immortality does not and has never inferred a strictly religious existence. Agnosticism does not factor into me calling myself immortal. Someone who is immortal, in the way I meant it, is someone who is not confined to the typical conventions of life and death.

You're providing some very foggy and wishy-washy logic for your arguments, which is based on imprecision of thought combined with a strict definition of words which only you hold.

The following is obviously based on the presumption that there ever actually was a Jesus Christ.

Since Jesus Christ is considered by many to be a god as well as the son of god, is it not strange that he did not hold the immortal qualities you claim are a commonpiece of gods?

Anyway, it's pretty clear to everyone that you exhibitied incorrect semanticism when you originally suggested that a lack of mortality inferred god status, and so was against my "beliefs".
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

It's the Ad Hominem attacks that really get to people.

[quote="Armored Wolf" wrote:
Noz wrote:
I feel so stupid.
I think that sums you up.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Noz wrote:It's the Ad Hominem attacks that really get to people.
Armored Wolf wrote:
Noz wrote:I feel so stupid.
I think that sums you up.
Yeah, that seems fairly reasonable. He is inclined to random outbursts of being an asshole to people without the actual wits to warrant the brazen nature to do so. At least I'm consistently an asshole. I have a defined purpose, and the awesomeness to execute that purpose. He's just schitzophrenic.