Lugaru Ideas.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Nemo
post whore

Lugaru Ideas.

Post by Nemo » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:07 am

I have a couple of ideas for Lugaru. First off, there should be firdt person, and definetly a split-screen multiplayer. you could probably change the rotating to arrow keys/WASD.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:49 am

What do you mean change the rotating? The camera relative system rocks..

Nemo
post whore

Post by Nemo » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:52 pm

no, I mean press (->) camera turns right. same w/ WASD for 2nd player. up=forward, down=back, etc. etc. You can probably work in some different moves for action/draw/throw/block, but Slomo is out of the question.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:38 pm

1) This is David's game. David is god. If you have a problem with this, learn to program yourself.

2) I prefer the 3rd person view. For one, it's perfect for screen shots. Secondly, it allows the player to assess damage that Turner has taken which would otherwise be impossible as there is a lack of a health bar (which I approve of) and the blur-effect goes away after a while.

Finally, the mouse is far easier to control than the arrow keys are. It is similar to FPS games, true, where the view is always first person (Hence, FP. *cough* For those here who can't think for very long.) but David's execution as to how the game is played is his final word, and his alone. He is a lone programmer with no board of trustees to push him around.
Our purpose is to act as a pressure group, so your contribution is still "valued", if that word has any meaning anymore. I am acting in my own way as a pressure individual via this post. Understand that.

-Fournine, resident samurai and .hacker

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:16 pm

What nemo is suggesting would radicly change gameplay... Lugaru would be a whole different beast.

Nemo
post whore

Post by Nemo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:05 pm

exactly. But of cours, it would be a different version. Lugaru 1-player just wouldn't be the same after that.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:25 pm

Are you suggesting that you can run with a w s d and rotate the camera with j i k l so you don't need the mouse? The mouse is highly precise, and that's why it's good.

But yeah there should be multiplayer, both networked and split screen, even though you'd need two keyboards and two mice :D