where is overgrowth at?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Somepunk

where is overgrowth at?

Post by Somepunk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Maybe it's a good time to really give some projections, this has been quite the wait this first year. Just what would be a good projection of the duration of this project? I feel like I might see ZOE3 before this :)

Count Roland

Re: where is overgrowth at?

Post by Count Roland » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:45 pm

they're not going to set a deadline or anything just because you asked, and really anyone can see where it's at from the weekly alphas. On an unrelated but still semi related note, it's really been longer than a year since before it was named overgrowth it was planned out as lugaru two for a rather long time.

fenixkane

Post by fenixkane » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:33 am

Game development is a slow process (unless you want to make a crappy game) so just be patient. Try out the weekly alpha if you can't wait.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfireGames

From time to time, the guys at Wolfire post videos which reflects what they have been working on and what new features they have implemented into the game.

Take a look, I'm sure you will find them most interesting.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Somepunk wrote:Maybe it's a good time to really give some projections, this has been quite the wait this first year. Just what would be a good projection of the duration of this project? I feel like I might see ZOE3 before this :)
They're not very good with projections. Their earliest projection was that they'd have been ready a year ago. :lol:

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 pm

If there's one thing we know for sure, it's that we don't know when the game will be finished.

Somepunk

Post by Somepunk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Whoa! Don't remove my head anyone, I know that the best games can take up to four years lol. I follow every alpha and every post on wolfire, I guess I may just be anxious :) I'm just drooling at an up-to-date combat engine similar to lugaru lol. Not like I expect it to be done for another year or anything :)

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:57 am

fenixkane wrote:Game development is a slow process (unless you want to make a crappy game)
That's what makes me worried about Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, it's been like, what 18 months since the second? And the third is on it's way.. :?

But yeah, back to Overgrowth, I wont be able to play it until I get my PC upgraded, so I, for one, would like the wait to really be worth it, rather than just nagging them until they blow some piece of crap game out of their asses because they didn't have enough time to make it properly.

Jackrabbit

Post by Jackrabbit » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Where it's at seemed very clear to me, it's at development by the great developer(s) who want to make an enjoyable sequal to lugaru, still the most epic game i have played so far(untill overgrowth comes out), better than all the games the so called "big" companies make. dontcha agree? :)
I hate people that want to rush a game's development only because they can't wait any longer, Overgrowth is probably improved everytime so that we will be able to play it without alot of glitches and bugs, we'll just have to wait for the game to take its time in development and atleast we know that it will be good that way 8)

You can yell at your wound as long as you'd like, it will not heal faster.
damn that was a long comment...

Precastwig

Post by Precastwig » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:
fenixkane wrote:Game development is a slow process (unless you want to make a crappy game)
That's what makes me worried about Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, it's been like, what 18 months since the second? And the third is on it's way.. :?
Your forgetting that the team behind assassins creed has
-more employee's
-a working engine
-probably lots of moneyz
-they probably started work on it before they released assassins creed 2

So in general a indie game will take longer than a main stream game. (Well in this case it will)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Precastwig wrote:So in general a indie game will take longer than a main stream game. (Well in this case it will)
Mainstream games can be in constant development for longer than most indies could afford. And then there's the possibility of starting from scratch a few times, which indies rarely have. Just look at Valve...

That said, indie games won't necessarily be fast, either. Braid took three years.

In fact, if Jonathan Blow gets his Witness game out in a year or so, Braid-to-Witness will have taken about as long as Portal to Portal 2.

There's no point to this post, really, I'm rambling. I don't like generalizations, okay?

Precastwig

Post by Precastwig » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Precastwig wrote:So in general a indie game will take longer than a main stream game. (Well in this case it will)
Mainstream games can be in constant development for longer than most indies could afford. And then there's the possibility of starting from scratch a few times, which indies rarely have. Just look at Valve...

That said, indie games won't necessarily be fast, either. Braid took three years.

In fact, if Jonathan Blow gets his Witness game out in a year or so, Braid-to-Witness will have taken about as long as Portal to Portal 2.

There's no point to this post, really, I'm rambling. I don't like generalizations, okay?
Yeah sorry, i added the brackets to try and stop it sounding like a generalization, thats why i said in this case anyway. ^_^ and also,
BRAID TOOK THREE YEARS?????,
Jeeesus.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:54 am

Precastwig wrote:Your forgetting that the team behind assassins creed has
-more employee's
-a working engine
-probably lots of moneyz
-they probably started work on it before they released assassins creed 2
These were all the advantages that Bungie had with ODST, and let's face it, that turned out like a steaming turd compared to what Halo 3 was, and it was about 18 months between the two. This also made me worried about Reach, but I found out that they've had most of the Bungie employees working every day they can since Halo 3 (about 3 years), and it was only a small team which split off to make ODST.

Back to topic, looking forward to overgrowth, and as soon as I have the money and I know my PC is good enough, I shall preorder, but not a minute earlier!

Noz

Post by Noz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Read the blog much?

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Meh, not really, I would, but my PC just randomly goes "lolnoscrewyou!" and switches itself off if I stay on any one page for too long...Which makes youtube very difficult :(