Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Took me a while, but I figured out how to get a WSTE-M5 in the first level.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:09 am

This is the first time ever I've wanted a Mac for any reason. Marathon sounds like it's worth a try.

Although Halo isn't a brilliant game, I enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was funny if you didn't try to pick at the faults and stuff. There was a very good atmosphere in the game that helped a lot to immerse me in the game. Anyway, immersion is what I think is probably the most important thing for a game to have. You have to feel like you're actually doing what the character is doing and going through everything he goes through.

A nice idea for a multiplayer type in Lugaru might be a game where there are two teams, both starting off at a base. They must retrieve packages of some sort around the map and bring them back to base safely. When they have picked up a package, speed is reduced, therefore making it harder to get back to base. Teams may raid bases to win back packages from the opposing team. Once a rabbit is killed, it respawns at the base, therefore making it harder to win back packages from either base. A point could be rewarded for every kill and also every second that a package stays in either team's base. e.g. A base holding 4 packages would get 4 points per second. I got this idea from Killzone, but varied it a little.
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:28 am

Renegade_Turner wrote: Although Halo isn't a brilliant game, I enjoyed it a lot.
I just know Red vs Blue, but I enjoy that a lot. :lol:

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:18 am

Killzone is excellent! And Marathon is amazing, I would buy a Mac just to play it.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:03 am

You don't have to buy a Mac to play Marathon, do you? I think Aleph One was ported to Linux and Windows.

Here's the link to the AO page, from there you can access the d/l page.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:27 pm

I know that... But I BOUGHT a Mac to play Marathon, I have played it since it came out.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:10 pm

Hey, cool. Thanks, Toshiro, you've been a great help.

I'm going to download all of the stuff right away.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:04 pm

Remeber to get teh most recent build, which at the time of this post is 10/18 I believe.

also go here:

http://www.appleswitch.com/Pfhorums

You can talk to a bunch of other Marathon players and ask questions n' stuff...also meet other weird people...look out for LegacyTyphoon, he's scary, posts strange things and is basically psychotic. Most people there (including Typhoon, just expect some random crap about space, time, butterflies, and other animals as well as help.) are completely willing to give you help, just remember to read all the pinned FAQs first, don't double post, and don't be all scary and promote a M$ Word help character as if it were another part of your soul (*cough* Like MoppyPuppy *cough*)...

Also, go to the IRC channel: #alephone we have for some reason forsaken the channel "Aleph One" on AIM and its replacement "Aleph Two".

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:51 am

Lets keep this thread on topic please.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:28 pm

I already knew that Grayswandir... I play regurally (sic) on online on Marathon.

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:52 pm

i have never seen you on Aleph One Night builds,

and also, any one want my giant pie map for Aleph one?

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:23 am

@Ham, No! No offense, but most custom Marathon maps which I have seen, suck.
@Grayswandir, I go by a different name, and I have been playing DMC3/FFX/FFX-2 lately.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:55 am

Evil Penguin wrote:@Ham, No! No offense, but most custom Marathon maps which I have seen, suck.
That's a strange way to reason.
This pie map maybe doesn't suck.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:41 am

Your map is probably very good, just that a lot of maps I have seen, and the makers go: "OMG!!!!!!!11 MY MAP IS SOOO GOOD!!!!" And the map sucks, I know you did not say that, I was just pointing that out, I am not associating you with those people, but your comment on your map led me to that train of thought.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:59 am

Penguin: Have you tried TC++?

OT: Maybe a game type where one player is being hunted by everyone else...or was that mentioned? I can't remember...