Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sun May 06, 2007 3:16 pm

ChazFox wrote:
invertin wrote:Seems more like a level than a game mode.
Well there's always the possibility of a variety of Swamp Duel levels with different structures and such :D
I've only played GL Fighters once (and briefly at that), but wasn't there mainly a side view of the action? Lugaru usually centers behind Turner, but in swamp duel it might be modified so it's played from the side and the controls are adjusted accordingly.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:24 pm

Nah. It'd be difficult to play that way. It might look cooler from the side, but then, that's how the audience will see it anyway. ^_^

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Sun May 06, 2007 4:05 pm

Viking Zippy wrote:
ChazFox wrote:
invertin wrote:Seems more like a level than a game mode.
Well there's always the possibility of a variety of Swamp Duel levels with different structures and such :D
I've only played GL Fighters once (and briefly at that), but wasn't there mainly a side view of the action? Lugaru usually centers behind Turner, but in swamp duel it might be modified so it's played from the side and the controls are adjusted accordingly.
Hmm, really I only meant to keep the style of Marshmallow duel, but incorporate the idea into the lugaru 2 game, so maybe camera angle changing wouldn't be needed.
Ultimatum479 wrote:Nah. It'd be difficult to play that way. It might look cooler from the side, but then, that's how the audience will see it anyway. ^_^
Yes, or perhaps the arena for swamp duel could be a bridge/platform hovering over a pit of quicksand or tar, with an outer ring of land for audience players in the server (provided there's more than 2 players on a server at any one time) to wander around to get the angle they want. They can also fight one another and push each other into the pit, but their deaths/kills wouldn't reflect upon the actual game scores. :3

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Wed May 16, 2007 7:37 am

Hurray for yet another double post in this thread :3 Another suggestion would be easy enough: "Sandbox" mode. Basically put, two or more players enter a map, and after that anything goes. Possible variables for the server could be how much health each player has (from normal health to invincibility), how many weapons you want to spawn on the map, and possibly some others. I'm thinking kind of the idea Rag Doll Kung Fu had: "You don't have to fight". maybe sandbox would be perfect for creating multiplayer machinima, or for players to make up little minigames of their own, or just to practice different fighting techniques, or to explore different maps... the possibilities are endless. I personally would like to create a Jackass-style video, so i could load up a map with a tall cliff (or possibly Turner's home village, that's where I've been doing most of my height launches in L1) and have fun :3

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu May 17, 2007 7:58 am

Gmod-like sandbox mode would be fun...? =)

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Thu May 17, 2007 8:58 am

Nuky wrote:Gmod-like sandbox mode would be fun...? =)
Yes, definitely! GMod is the best example of a sandbox game. Rag Doll Kung Fu comes in a close second, with the aforementioned "You Don't Have To Fight" promotion.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu May 17, 2007 6:43 pm

I may have said this before, and I will say it again.
a Weapon/Object/Entity Editor.

Everyone wants there owen BRAND NEW STATE OF THE ART chainsaw Collection. To the Inquisitors Assassination issue, to the Battle Blade, or maybe you feel like amputating your arm and using an engine mounted onto your left hand.

or maybe there just needs to be a special bottle as a prop that plays a big roll in the campaign.

There could be a checklist that you have to fill out.

-Is it throw able? (that is unless you can throw anything you can carry in l2)
-what Hand dose it go in? L, R, or Any.
-Dose it bind on use? (think those motorized engines mounted to Colics hand)
-Durability? (how much force to Break it)
-Effect (0-Nothing* ( 0-simple/trinket 1-Usable (eg: Potion/food/etc ) 2-harmful effect when near) 1-Blunt 2-Sharp 3-insta kill)
*Nothing unless Thrown
-Value?

Those are some starting points

also, I think there should be a Campaign selector and many campaigns for the game, and a Proper Campaign editor so people don't have to spend too much time mucking around with the files, just install it to the Campaign files.

I also think that slippery food (eg: Bananas, and now I know now, Cream doughnuts :shock: ) should also be used as a weapon, as well as beer bottles and the like.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Thu May 17, 2007 7:58 pm

All of you talking about these 'noobs'—don't be so quick with the labelling. You ourselves weren't much better at a time (including—and perhaps especially—me).

[edit]heh-a great early post from select people.
Blorx wrote:For the last time! If you want me to make a lan build of Lugaru I Can!
[/edit]

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu May 17, 2007 11:09 pm

Well, I like quoting Jeff so...

Campaign Editor
Jeff wrote:
Albab wrote:Hmm... I'm worried about the level editor. The game is getting so complex, I'm starting to wonder just how the hell that would work. I mean, honestly.
Lugaru 2 is going to have a real interface. Check it out: http://www.wolfire.com/PhoenixUI.jpg

It's in the early stages for now, but the point is, you are going to be able to have palettes, lists, etc. and you will be able to click on objects in the game world and interact with them that way too. It is generations ahead of the current map making process.
Weapon Editor
Jeff wrote:---will david use a .solid still?

no

---will there be an editor for it?

yes

---will there be an animation editor (like GL fighters)?

yes

---will the plot have variations?

yes

---when will L2 have it's own forum? (the wolfire section is turning into one)

maybe later
Modding Tools
Jeff wrote:You will have access to the same tools that David used to make the game, and this time he is going to keep backups, so modding should be possible.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sat May 19, 2007 11:20 pm

Split "noob" discussion here

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun May 20, 2007 6:34 am

Ransack town mode?

The objective is for all players to play the role of Thieves, looters, pillagers and maybe Pirates. You must enter a town, and take as much as you can while not getting stopped by the defenders.

Then you may take slave, rape or kill the women and children (maybe not in that particular order (Direct quote of vib ribs))

Bonuses available: (if L2 is gonna have the score sheet like in L1 ( I think it should for Multiplayer gaming at least, Gives you a few bragging rights)

King of Thieves (a guy who enters, Steals all the stuff and dose not get seen or attacks anyone)

Knave (awarded for getting the attention of the guards and getting them to chase him down allowing the Village to become vulnerable.)

Raider (One who works together to take down his enemy (one guy face kicks while the other leg sweeps, etc)

The loot can be many things, from the Sofa in a bunnies living room, to gold, to a bunch of slaves. in order for them to be taken, one must leave the gaming zone from where they entered.

My New Idea for a game:

Pub fight!

If my memory serves me right, I think David said something about something Similar to battle.net (please correct me if I am wrong)

if there is such thing, There should be a server Pub, You can talk, and have pub fights (no one can actually die, but they can get knocked around)

this could be a place where one can demonstrate there Weaponry they have made in the editor and maybe share them.

This is also used as a way of finding a game. once you are invited to a game, you are taken from the pub and then put into the action!

Additionally i think there should be Profiles for gaming, and Though that you should be able to change the way the players Turner looks with the use of a little moding (Example: Little timmy wants his Turner looking like a Bulky, Grey furred, male rabbit thats scared up with missing patches of fur, while Colicedus (thats ME :D ) wants His Turner looking like a Rabbit in woad with a kilt with ginger fur, While Tirana wants a Black female Ninja Bunny with a gauged out eye and ripped check so you can see her teeth, etc)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun May 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Another gametype idea:
This is a variation of the "Wolf in Rabbit's Clothing" idea I posted earlier...Refined and better...

There are two teams, one of rabbits one of wolves...both of rabbits, or both of wolves...whatever suits people the most. Each team has a "precious object" which the other team must capture and bring back to their base...basically CTF...however, one player on each team is actually on the other team. They are told this at the beginning of the round and this selected player has a few choices:
1. They can ignore it, but they risk being caught by their "teammates".
2. They can run about killing their "team".
3. They can run about the level, making it easier for their actual team to enter and steal the flag.
4. Probably a couple other things I haven't thought of that inventive players will think of.

But yes, you could run around and kill your entire team to find the double agent...but that wouldn't really be a good idea.

Gameplay wise, once a player dies, they are out for the round. This could also be played that once a player dies they respawn in their team's base, but if they're the double agent, they lose their "double agent" status and have to continue the match as a regular team member (So they would spawn back in their actual team's base).

Ways to win:
1. Get the opposing team's "precious object" back to your base.
2. Kill all of the opposing team (Including the double agent).
3. Kill the double agent and bring his head to the opposing team's base.

Scoring:
Personal (player score):
*Capturing the opposing team's goody (+5 points)
*Killing the double agent (+2 points)
*Killing an enemy team member (+1 point)
*Killing a friendly teammate (-2 points)
*Surviving the round as the double agent (+3 points)

Team score:
*Capturing the team's goody (+2)
*Killing all the opposing team members (+1)
*Kill the double agent and bring his head to the opposing team's base (+3)

Bringing the double agent's head to the enemies' base is probably the hardest because the opposing team can grab it and destroy it or throw it around or off a cliff, thus "destroying it".

And a final gametype idea:
"Save the Young"

There are two teams. One team of rabbits and one team of wolves. There is a pen full of rabbit children in the center of the level. The objective of the wolves is to capture the rabbit children and bring them back to their base for eating. The objective of the rabbit's is to bring their children back to their base and save them. Once either team gets a rabbit child back to their base, the other team has a certain amount of time (which can be set) before the captured child will disappear permanently off the map (either into the stew or back into the protective houses). It is in this amount of time the other team can capture back the rabbit children.
If a rabbit or a wolf is carring a lilttle rabbit they cannot attack and they move a little slower (However they can still run on all fours...er...threes, since one arm is occupied). The players can "pass" the children back and forth to get it back to their base quicker if they so choose.
Whoever claims the most rabbit children wins the match.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:17 am

How does one get a rabbit child back from someone holding it? Do you have to kill them? That'd be weird cuz you'd risk killing the rabbit.

Minor quibble, but surviving the round as a double agent should be worth 10+ points because you can't steal the enemy flag, so that's a major source of points gone.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Mon May 21, 2007 6:00 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:How does one get a rabbit child back from someone holding it? Do you have to kill them? That'd be weird cuz you'd risk killing the rabbit.
They don't. They wait for the opponent to put the rabbit back into the base and capture it while it's still on the map:
Grayswandir wrote:the other team has a certain amount of time (which can be set) before the captured child will disappear permanently off the map (either into the stew or back into the protective houses). It is in this amount of time the other team can capture back the rabbit children.
Although maybe a leg sweep or animal tackle could get the opponent to drop the child and open up an opportunity for their team to score a point.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon May 21, 2007 7:30 am

Wow, I wonder if the child would act like a weapon does when you leg cannon someone :lol:

(FYI, weapons just stay in the same place and then fall over. At least this happens with the staff.)