bullet time

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Homocidal Ham

bullet time

Post by Homocidal Ham » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:59 pm

david could put in a bullet time system,

you get a slowmo button, but you only can slow down things for up to 10 seconds, and it only affects a small area (idacated by a trasparent dome of energy)

he could also put in the ability to catch martial projectils

oops, i clicked new topic

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:51 pm

I say, leave it like it is, if you see slowmo' too much, when you make a really fast move, the slowmo' isn't so fascinating, whenever I do a slowmo' move, I sit there in joy, drooling.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:20 pm

if i could catch a knife in midair...
----------
Rip Gulliver

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:35 am

I wouldn't want that feature in regular story/quest gameplay,
but maybe as a cheat or in a survival mode (if theres going to be any,
which I hope).

Zantalos
The Postman

Actually, slow motion doesn't seem like a bad idea

Post by Zantalos » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:26 pm

Certain automatic slow-mo effects in the game helped make Lugaru how it is, when getting close to knocked out, dead, and most important, after a kill. However, manuel Slow motion made Black Shades the great game it was. Missions could be completed and the game looked so much more cooler in general. I think this would have the same effect for Lugaru too. Instead of a magical bubble that slowed down things inside, it should be generally the same as black shades. Their have been some spectacular things we've seen in Lugaru, slow motion would let us see things way more clearly. Also, fighting would be substantially cleared, players will be able to watch smooth animations and pull off some great combos instead of just fast clicking and sparratic shift pushing. Of course, maybe a little more health should be given to the enemies then, or not. With the upcomming Lugaru 2's pheonix engine, some things may need a slow motion for players to grasp the amazement of great fighting and awsome physics soon to come.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:05 pm

You can activate slow-mo manually with the 'b' key in debug mode. Granted, it isn't quite the same as BlackShades'.

However "fast clicking and sparratic shift pushing" is to L1's gameplay what babbling is to sensible speech. Turner knows better than that. There is an impressive array of features--some documented, some not. You've got to explore the game.

And this might well be even truer for L2, which is great :D

(Edit: sorry if that sounded a little harsh. No offense was intended during the creation of this post.)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:48 am

There may be something you can eat in L2 to slow down time... I am not sure if it will slow you down in a good way, but something might happen.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:58 am

Postal catnip comes to mind :o

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:48 am

Personally, I tend to not using bullet time if I can avoid it once I have more or less mastered the game (yes, Black Shades, too). It seems like cheating to me, and disrupts my rhythm...

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:53 am

Player-activated bullet time... dunno... I think Lugaru would lose its feel.
Might discuss further tomorrow, as I gotta sleep now.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:17 am

Hmm, as Jeff said...
Food with certain stuff in it (let's call it drugs) can affect your brain and its performance, both in a good or bad way.............. :twisted:

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Crill3 wrote:Postal catnip comes to mind :o
Yeah baby, I am the lizard king!

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:14 am

Why not make it affect you in a good and a bad way?

If any of you have played either game of the Fallout series, I am sure you are familiar with its concept of drugs.

The premise is very simple:
Every mind-altering substance has a chance of you getting addicted to it every time you use it. Furthermore, the effects are temporary, and once they wear off, you actually suffer from withdrawal, id est, the stats that have been boosted before now are below par, and significantly so.

I would find it interesting to see a similar thing in Lugaru 2.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:48 pm

Yes, and the bad effects also include becoming sickly skinny.

Oh wait...

Turner, what have you been doing? :evil:

Thanks to imageshack.us for hosting

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:27 am

Oh yeah I see. Stopping time in just one particular spot is a very cool idea. They are using these special time grenades for multiplayer in Timeshift which proves to be very interesting (And yes, I read that whole damn article). In game, this kind of effect could be very dumb, I dunno. As a multiplayer option it could be an awesome game enhancement. Imagine playing dodge except that instead of this happy-go-lucky knife fling (whoa, that does sound happy go lucky) there could be small, maybe one foot long barriers leading to the dodgers. The barriers would be invisible lines that would slow down things at least triple the speed as the objects would fly through them and into the players, hopefully. This would give the throwers reason to time and maybe even stratigize when to throw the knives, while giving the players a chance to actually dodge (I dunno if dodging will be very easy, or really hard).