Overgrowth featured at Ctrl+Alt+Del (again!)

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
MagmaDragoon

Overgrowth featured at Ctrl+Alt+Del (again!)

Post by MagmaDragoon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:35 am

UPDATE: Read my last post!

Well, the title pretty says all.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20110131/#n2136

Scroll down to see. I think that it will help a lot spreading word, and maybe it will bring more pre-orders. For those who don't know, Ctrl+Alt+Del is a popular gaming webcomic, with lots of followers, including me of course. Also, Tim had always been great to make game reviews, and influence people. Read for yourself anyway... I have said what I wanted to.

For those lazy:
[...] I also stumbled upon an indie title over the weekend that is currently in the alpha stages. It's called Overgrowth. I actually remember seeing its predecessor, Lugaru, a few years back. Anyway, Overgrowth is a game in the works by a very small studio, and they're traversing an increasingly more common path to indie development, which is to allow people who pre-order to play the game as it's created.

I happened across some videos of Overgrowth, and while at first I had no clue what the hell it was supposed to be (and still don't, really), I was struck by the production values, including the physics and animation, which are just gorgeous. It was enough to get me researching more, and in the end, I pre-ordered the game. Right now the alpha is little more than a sandbox tool to play around with, but I really feel like the developers at Wolfire have something neat here, and I wanted to support them.

Check out these videos and keep an eye on this game as it develops. I think it could be something very cool as it all comes together.
EDIT: Hey Tim, if you are out here, give a post! ;)
Last edited by MagmaDragoon on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endoperez

Re: Overgrowth featured at Ctrl+Alt+Del

Post by Endoperez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Yeah, that seems to have brought lots of attention to Overgrowth.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 pm

That is awesome! :)

Samarubi

Post by Samarubi » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:13 pm

The Ctrl+Alt+Delete "Advertisement" made me pre-order :D

MagmaDragoon

Post by MagmaDragoon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

I knew it! :D

MagmaDragoon

Post by MagmaDragoon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Tim again tweeted about us and the latest alpha video. :)

MagmaDragoon

Re: Overgrowth featured at Ctrl+Alt+Del (again!)

Post by MagmaDragoon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:22 am

Again, we are on the news page of Ctrl+Alt+Del!

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120220/#n2265
Over a year ago I posted about a little indie game in development called Overgrowth. It's the sequel to a little game called Legaru. Anyway, it's not done yet, but it's looking more amazing than ever, and I just want to remind you about it.

There's still no actual "game" per se, in that there are no clear objectives or story or anything of that regard; it's still mostly a sandbox experience. But the foundation has come a long way. Combat has gotten a lot more detailed, with weapons and reactions added in.

I could go on and on about all the different ways I'm impressed with the work these few guys are doing, but their alpha update videos more than speak for themselves.