Help can't get game to launch

The place to discuss all things Overgrowth
Dr.Specialk

Help can't get game to launch

Post by Dr.Specialk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Hey all,

Bought the new indie bumble to try this game out. Installed through steam and launched it once changed the texture detail and restarted the game. Only it never launched again tried reinstalling but it crashes on launch and creates these dump files.

I compressed the crash files and sent them to the support email the other day but am anxious to play and was wondering if anyone knew what was up.

Thanks
Attachments
version_info.txt
(60 Bytes) Downloaded 695 times
hwreport.txt
(7.13 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

Silverfish

Re: Help can't get game to launch

Post by Silverfish » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 am

It seems like the graphics settings you changed made the game not run on your hardware.

The config file at C:\Users\Username\Documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\config.txt store the graphics settings. If you remove that file the game will revert to the default settings. So remove that file, start the game and see if it works again.

It looks like you're using an Intel graphics card, those are usually not strong enough to run the game smoothly and might be buggier. I hope it works well enough for you though!

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Silverfish wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 am
It looks like you're using an Intel graphics card, those are usually not strong enough to run the game smoothly and might be buggier. I hope it works well enough for you though!
The Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 should be powerful enough. It may not run super well, since this is a pretty under-powered GPU, but it supposedly meets the min requirements.

I think I remember replying to a tech support email for the same GPU earlier today. If that was you, Dr.Specialk, then hopefully I answered your question. If it wasn't you, then please send in your crash dump folder (if the game created one).

If the game made a crash dump folder, please zip up the folder, and email that zip file to [email protected] - instructions here https://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_ ... Overgrowth - In your email, please link to this post so I know it's related. Thanks!

rikrokkk

Post by rikrokkk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 am

Please help! I can't start my game. I just got this game from a GA of Apknite and as soon as I launched it, it just gave me a completely white screen with what I'm assuming to be the title screen music in the background. I waited and waited, but nothing changed. Has anybody else had this problem? If so I could use some advice.

sharase

Post by sharase » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:49 am

Make ovo game sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your graphics card.

lorde

Post by lorde » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:46 pm

Try removing the game from the phone app then re-downloading its latest version slither io to see if the problem can be resolved.