HELP - Overgrowth Crashing on Launch - Error in "mainmenu.as"

The place to discuss all things Overgrowth
nathanjame

HELP - Overgrowth Crashing on Launch - Error in "mainmenu.as"

Post by nathanjame » Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 pm

Here is a link to the error message I received when trying to launch Overgrowth: https://imgur.com/a/ejbVv

I've reinstalled the game. Made no difference. I deleted the "mainmenu.as" file then recovered it to verifying the integrity of the game's cache. Made no difference (same error appears).

This attempted attempt to install some of the most popular mods on Steam Workshop. They were all unsubbed.

Help?

merlyn

Re: HELP - Overgrowth Crashing on Launch - Error in "mainmenu.as"

Post by merlyn » Wed May 09, 2018 6:01 pm

We don't know why this has happened for some people and not to others. The error means that somehow some of the game's script files are getting included more than once, so all the functions in those scripts are showing up twice and causing an angelscript compiler error.

People have solved this in the past by wiping out their entire install and reinstalling. This seems excessive to me, but if nothing else works then you can try it.

You could try clearing the game's cache and see if that helps: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_t ... me's_cache
You could edit Documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth\modconfig.xml in a text editor, and set everything that says activated="false" to activated="true", which should disable all the installed mods
You could also try deleting everything in the game install folder under the Data/Scripts folder, and then do the file integrity check again

Silverfish

Re: HELP - Overgrowth Crashing on Launch - Error in "mainmenu.as"

Post by Silverfish » Mon May 14, 2018 8:33 am

Moved topic to Overgrowth subforum.