Need help understanding the lore

The place to discuss all things Overgrowth
clarkgarg85

Need help understanding the lore

Post by clarkgarg85 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:26 am

So, I played all levels in overgrowth 3 times, one for each difficulty, but I still can't wrap my head around the lore. I obviously understand the race system and some of the empires, as well as the timeline mostly maybe? (I think, Lugaru story - Overgrowth story - Drika's story - Therium 2?) But still, what is the Cicadian cycle? What was the deal with all the shit in therium and all the red eyed bunnies? who are the gods and what do they have to do with the story? any information you have would be a huge help, thanks!
Last edited by BlackHole on Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed linkspam

BusterC

Re: Need help understanding the lore

Post by BusterC » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:08 am

Overgrowth is kind of a sequel to Lugaru which takes some liberty with the story and I think they retconned some stuff from Lugaru remake but I could be wrong.

Constance mods (Therium, Drika, etc) are non-canon anti-fan fiction set in it's own universe with some references to Lugaru but basically says Turner existed, but was nothing like in the games, and Overgrowth never happened because turner was killed before that game happened.

Enjoy.

luckywin90

Re: Need help understanding the lore

Post by luckywin90 » Thu May 04, 2023 10:10 pm

I appreciate your posting. I've read about a lot of related subjects! Contrary to other articles, yours left me with a really distinct impression. I hope you'll keep writing insightful posts like this one and others for us to everyone to read! word wipe