Why does Slowmo in Lugaru breaks everything?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
JimmyAndreson

Why does Slowmo in Lugaru breaks everything?

Post by JimmyAndreson » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:22 am

So this might sound a little out of the usual but..

Everytime I try to livestream/record any footage of Lugaru, upon getting slowmotion ingame, all the recording/overlay applications "die" while it's active, which is beyond odd. I tried to record a video with Fraps, then with Procaster (Livestream), but both applications die during slow motion, then turn back on after the slow motion stops. Audio is still recorded, but footage recording just stops during it.

Even the Steam Overlay for games die when I use slowmotion! I can't take screenshots either.

Does anyone know how to bypass this weird issue? Has anyone managed to record anything while slowmotion is active?

Thanks

Wadejboss

Re: Why does Slowmo in Lugaru breaks everything?

Post by Wadejboss » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:07 pm

I did some testing and it appears to be linked to the blur settings.

With blur effects on, when I get a slow mo finish, in the recording it would freeze for a second, like you mentioned.

However with blur effects turned off, this does not happen.

This seems to be the case for both the version Steam uses, and the 1.2 Open Source version I know about, and likely any other renditions.

aricjoshua

Re: Why does Slowmo in Lugaru breaks everything?

Post by aricjoshua » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:59 am

JimmyAndreson wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:22 am
So this might sound a little out of the usual but..

Everytime I try to livestream/record any footage of Lugaru, upon getting slowmotion ingame, all the recording/overlay applications "die" while it's active, which is beyond odd. I tried to record a video with Fraps, then with Procaster (Livestream), but both applications die during slow motion, then turn back on after the slow motion stops. Audio is still recorded, but footage recording just stops during it.

Even the Steam Overlay for games die when I use slowmotion! I can't take screenshots either.

Does anyone know how to bypass this weird issue? Has anyone managed to record anything while slowmotion is active?

Thanks
I have the same situation as you and am waiting for a satisfactory answer.
cookie clicker