Ideas for Lugaru 2

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Lord_of_Sausage

Ideas for Lugaru 2

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:21 am

Hi Wolvfire and all you other guys out there!
I've just tryed out the Lugaru Demo, finished all the levels in 7 minutes, and got really excited for the release of number 2!
I'm not going to buy the first, as i will wait for the 2nd.

But im a skilled programmer myself (I think :D ) and i would come with some ideas to make Lugaru 2 even more better!

--------------------------

1: As in the most popular platformers or other games, the main character always got some special power/abillity or thing he can. In Lugaru it seems to be that Turner is a skilled fighter, but all other bad guys seems to fight excactly as you do. I will suggest that in the 2, you find some kind of cloak maybe, or a dagger, whatever, that gives Turner the abillity to hide himself, so he can move, jump and duck as normaly, but can't be seen by mobs, even if he stands right beside them! Now, he wont be able to attack (he will, but he won't be hided anymore), and if he runs into a bad guy, he will also loose his invisibillty. Thats just what i thought, im sure you can find some ideas by yourself :)

If you cant see wich games im relating to, when i talk about special abillitys, take a look at the Jak series (The game for PS). The first, jack was'ent special, he could the same as all other, but in the 2nd, he get's tortured and becomes able to change into an evil version of himself, making him a pure killing machine.

2: I just loved the weapons, but 3 seems to be a little few, i will suggest you make the 3 weapons GENRES, so there might be 3 staff's, 3 Sword's and 3 dagger's.
Also, i would love to see a bow :P

3: It would be nice if Turner could do some special moves, like if he does a 3x hit combo, he could maybe be able to finish/damage his enemy with an extra powerful cool looking attack?

Thats all from me, i hope you guys at Wolvfire will make some of the ideas come true.
/LoS

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Re: Ideas for Lugaru 2

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:Wolvfire

*facepalm*
Lord_of_Sausage wrote:1: As in the most popular platformers or other games, the main character always got some special power/abillity or thing he can. In Lugaru it seems to be that Turner is a skilled fighter, but all other bad guys seems to fight excactly as you do. I will suggest that in the 2, you find some kind of cloak maybe, or a dagger, whatever, that gives Turner the abillity to hide himself, so he can move, jump and duck as normaly, but can't be seen by mobs, even if he stands right beside them! Now, he wont be able to attack (he will, but he won't be hided anymore), and if he runs into a bad guy, he will also loose his invisibillty. Thats just what i thought, im sure you can find some ideas by yourself :)
Lugaru 2 isn't a platformer, and it isn't an "Other Game" either. But, special moves? Invisibility cloaks? Please, turner is kinda overpowered as he is, but to the right extent. Why change that?
Lord_of_Sausage wrote:2: I just loved the weapons, but 3 seems to be a little few, i will suggest you make the 3 weapons GENRES, so there might be 3 staff's, 3 Sword's and 3 dagger's.
Also, i would love to see a bow :P
Is that all? We already have enough weapon models for about fifteen different weapons, there will be no shortage of weaponry, I assure you.
Lord_of_Sausage wrote:3: It would be nice if Turner could do some special moves, like if he does a 3x hit combo, he could maybe be able to finish/damage his enemy with an extra powerful cool looking attack?
Take away the "If he does" and it'll be more like what L2 looks like it's going to be. I don't think David likes moves that only work if you do something, especially if that something is completely unrelated to what would be required to get the move to actually work.

Spinecrusher only works from behind: Obvious.

Finisher move only works after a three hit combo: Give me one reason this would happen in real life or anything even mildly realistic, and I'll slap you with a rotten fish.

Soooo, welcome to the forums! :)

Lord_of_Sausage

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:51 am

Thanks for the warm welcome :P
Im sorry if i sound stupid, this is my firs visit at wolfire, and i only played through the demo.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:26 am

Fair enough.

(GET THE FULL GAME)

I can see why you would want these things included, but Lugaru's main pride is that the fighting is realistic as virtual fighting can be (ignore the jump heights and the rabbits..) which is why combo finishing moves won't be included, because real people don't have to punch 3 times before they go *KALBAM*

Which is also why we don't like health bars. XP

Lord_of_Sausage

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:39 am

Yea, i saw you'r health bar topic :P
Well, thats fine, im just the new guy ;)
If there is any release date for Lugaru 2, i would like to see it, so i can think if i should wait or just buy the first.

WingedWolf93

Post by WingedWolf93 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:01 pm

Buy the first - it's worth it!
With full version, you can also go in Debug mode, use console and even level editor mode.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:17 pm

invertin wrote:*KALBAM*
How the hell did I mispell Kablam?

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm going to disagree with your ideas, but there's nothing wrong with you suggesting them.

Welcome to the forum ;)

p.s. If you buy the first version, you can also play user made campaigns and maps. It's a pretty good bargain imo.

Zantalos
The Postman

Re: Ideas for Lugaru 2

Post by Zantalos » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Lord_of_Sausage wrote: 3: It would be nice if Turner could do some special moves, like if he does a 3x hit combo, he could maybe be able to finish/damage his enemy with an extra powerful cool looking attack?
I liked the knife finishing move. Unarmed finishing moves would be cool too I think.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:56 pm

Knife combo is awesome...
*slash* owie. *jumps back*
*slash* OWWW *jumps back*
*STAB* TCH- *falls dead*

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:12 am

invertin wrote:
invertin wrote:*KALBAM*
How the hell did I mispell Kablam?
I actually didn't notice till you said so xD

Angrboden

Phneh

Post by Angrboden » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:29 am

With full version, you can also go in Debug mode, use console and even level editor mode.
And you can also play the full version!

Lord_of_Sausage

Re: Phneh

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Angrboden wrote:
And you can also play the full version!
i wouldn have thought about i could play full ver, if i bought full ver o.O

anyways, sience you guys hated my systemaffecting ideas, ill come with
some more neutral ones:

-Add online play, useing theese modes (modes also for LAN):

-Deathmatch: Free-for-all, first to get a set ammount of kills win!

-Team Deathmatch: Team vs Team, kills are shared, first to get X kills together wins.

-Wolf: One player is wolf, hes stronger and have higher health than rabbits. While hes wolf, killing gives him one point. If the wolf dies, the killer becomes the wolf. First to get X points win. Players who arent wolf can kill each other. (You might also want to use Bottom Feeder, this guy can attack all, and cant be attacked except by the wolf.)

-Assult: One team defends, another attacks, the defending team is on a high hill or so, defending a flag or something. The attacking team needs to kill the flag by attacking it. when killed as attacker, you wont respawn until end of round, killed as defender make you respawn after 20 sec.

thats all, i post more in time.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:26 pm

most of those things are good ideas though I know that lugaru 2 will have multiplaye, king of the hill and capture the flag would be awesome so would something like assasination- one players weaker than the others one is stronger the stronger tries to kill the weaker the average protect it

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Phneh

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:37 am

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:*A lot of stuff I didn't actually read because I was too busy laughing at his name.*