Lugaru on Intel Mac

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
ladiesduck

Post by ladiesduck » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:25 pm

Every time I try to open Lugaru on my MacBook Pro it startes up and fades really slow to red. Then it gets to the main menu before unexpectedly quitting. Any idea that is going on?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:32 pm

Well, the fading is suposed to happen (thats the loading process), but the quitting isn't :? . Try deleting the config.txt in the Data folder, and starting the game back up :D .

ladiesduck

Post by ladiesduck » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:42 pm

Well that worked but everytime I quit and start it back up it repeats the process forcing me to trash my preferences each time.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:00 am

Some things you can try:
-run Lugaru in classic mode (check "run in Classic environment" in the Finder "get info" panel for Lugaru).
-disable extensions.
-reinstall Lugaru.

Now going for the more wacky:
-fiddle with some options in the config file, hoping that they caused the problem (if you feel lucky).
-If Lugaru crashes just before you hear the title music, try this: open "Audio MIDI Setup" in your Utilities folder, set the rate to 96KHz, thus disabling sound in Lugaru (hoping that's what caused the problem). The fading to red should be almost instant (Lugaru loads sounds during that part if I'm not mistaken). See if it still crashes. Make sure to set the rate in the "Audio MIDI Setup" back to 44KHz afterwards.
-give up, and create an Automator script that deletes the config then launches Lugaru (ok, that's not very satisfactory). (If you don't have 10.4, I can write a two-line script doing this).

Some info you can post, just in case:
-your config file as generated when Lugaru crashes.
-your OS version.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:26 am

Silb wrote:-run Lugaru in classic mode

(If you don't have 10.4, I can write a two-line script doing this).
He/she has an Intel Mac, so not Classic mode, and i'm not sure if there is a
Panther for Intel?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:39 am

Oops. Good point.