The Life system

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
kinez

The Life system

Post by kinez » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 am

Hello all,
Firstly, i'm not english (french) so excuse me if my english isn't perfect :)

I'm actually at the 12th step of "challenge" part and I didn't really understand the system of the character's life.
Did we die when the ennemy chain-hit us like (sorry for the ugly comparison) cod6 or did we die when our life point reach zero like doom3.
I hope you'll understand my question :p

2nd question : When the screen blured, does it mean that the ennemy did a critical hit?

Thanks.

LugaruFan

Re: The Life system

Post by LugaruFan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

I think the health system is mix between both, regenerate and numbers, like if you get punched the damage is temporarily, and your health will eventually grow back up, but if you are slashed, by a knife of sword it is permanent and will lower your health critically, hope this helped :D

EDIT:
For your second question, yes i believe it's that or it just indicates the enemy has hit you.

Kicktar

Post by Kicktar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:46 pm

I believe the blur means you're close to death, which would probably follow a hard hit from the enemy, but I'm pretty sure you can't do criticals.

tannim

Post by tannim » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:50 pm

You can tell how close to death you are by just standing still, the screen will sway a lot more.

When you are close to death any new hit will make the screen a lot more blurry.

Critical hits can make the screen blurry instantly

Standing still a while will help heal you a bit, but if you're seriously injured, it won't help much.

As you play the game you'll learn to read your life signs better. It is a pretty good system once you get used to it.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:38 am

also if turner's hurt and standing still he usually holds his arm to his chest.

firestar157

Post by firestar157 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:12 pm

According to a bunch of tests i conducted, in Easier mode you have about 4 times as much health as another rabbit and you have about twice as much as a wolf. In Harder mode you have 2 times as much as a rabbit, and the same amount of a wolf. In Insane mode you have the same amount of health as another rabbit and you have half the health of a wolf... Now these may be off, but im pretty sure that its close... :D

tannim

Post by tannim » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:56 pm

I recall somebody made a numeric life bar mod for the game, though I don't have a link to it.

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:05 pm

tannim wrote:I recall somebody made a numeric life bar mod for the game, though I don't have a link to it.
There it is:
http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/06/Hacking-Lugaru

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:10 pm

firestar157 wrote:According to a bunch of tests i conducted, in Easier mode you have about 4 times as much health as another rabbit and you have about twice as much as a wolf. In Harder mode you have 2 times as much as a rabbit, and the same amount of a wolf. In Insane mode you have the same amount of health as another rabbit and you have half the health of a wolf... Now these may be off, but im pretty sure that its close... :D
He may have 2x as much as a Wolf, but the Wolf's claws are sharp, so the damage is permanent. But other than that i think they are good tests and results :D

firestar157

Post by firestar157 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:22 pm

yeah... wolves are a pain that way (no pun intended). But, these test were without armour, im not sure about with armour... :mrgreen:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:06 am

firestar157 wrote:yeah... wolves are a pain that way (no pun intended). But, these test were without armour, im not sure about with armour... :mrgreen:
Remember there are actually two values there's armour which protects against sharp attacks such as fire, knives, and claws, and then there's protection which offers you protection from staffs and unarmed attacks.

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:12 am

Count Roland wrote:
firestar157 wrote:yeah... wolves are a pain that way (no pun intended). But, these test were without armour, im not sure about with armour... :mrgreen:
Remember there are actually two values there's armour which protects against sharp attacks such as fire, knives, and claws, and then there's protection which offers you protection from staffs and unarmed attacks.
I know you can change both values in the console, but isn´t there only one armor in Lugaru?
(the leather one)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:29 pm

The leather armor is just a texture though, it doesn't actually change the values, though yeah I guess it is the only armor in vanilla lugaru.

pookaguy

Post by pookaguy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Count Roland wrote:The leather armor is just a texture though, it doesn't actually change the values, though yeah I guess it is the only armor in vanilla lugaru.
I thought it changed it, because I seem to live longer with it on. Maybe it's like hypnotism; if you think it works, it will.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Well if you're playing regular lugaru than the levels where you're wearing it have the armor value changed, but the texture itself is independent of the value so if you were to go into debug mode and put on leather armor than you would die just as quickly as without it.