A New Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Aspen

Lugaru: Empire as reviewed by Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:22 pm

EDIT: I must apologize for being a complete idiot. I posted my review of Lugaru: Empire in your thread. I will edit this again later and post my correct review. Sorry.

X-Calibar

Re: A New Campaign!

Post by X-Calibar » Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 am

I got the game as part of the Humble Indie Bundle... [awesome!]
Played through it on Easy, Difficult and Insane... and was craving more...

Then I found this! Today I played through the mod starting on Insane...
And wow. This was very challenging!!

Epic battles, great maps to fight on...
I had to pull a lot of fancy moves to survive this mod. Great atmosphere; although I wonder where the firemaster gets time to change his clothes during the fight :P
I didn't use too much stealth on this mod, just kinda went all out; usually 1 - 2 rabbits at a time.

There was one move I would just love to master, it seems beyond my abilities to do though...
I only did it probably twice, once with the fire master during his epic stand. With the wolf that stands on a rock waiting.
Equip the knife, do a super jump and land exactly behind him [he sees you the entire time], and do the cut-throat move the moment you land.

Or even more amazing, which I only was able to do once. During some battle on Insane with a wolf I forget when, I stunned a wolf with a punch, and quickly about the same time moved behind him and performed the cut-throat move... It was all very fast... [I was just Wow.]

If I could master that ... lol

So anyways! I survived... all levels completed except the ice cave [thanks to teleporting wolves]; too tired to finish it.
But, wanted to say thanks for an awesome mod :)

A few random things I ran into :

First map, once I slipped fighting the second guy or something... and I fell AT HIGH VELOCITY [didn't even hit the ground, just a ledge]! My character simply exploded into red without leaving a body... I was like WHAT lol
The throne room has an annoying start point... if you hold forward [after dying to teleporting wolves] soon as you start, you'll fall off immediately... I had to sit though falling many times... lol
Hardest maps on insane were... the Fire Master fight against two wolves, three rabbits [fire master not wearing any clothes]
The first snow map after killing the lone wolf on the rock [you fight a ton of rabbits]
The ambush near the end with the three wolves [if you try to fight them fairly] (two teleporting wolves with one hit ko...)
And maybe the throne room, just because of teleporting wolves... (I had them jump off in a hillarious fake leap off the edge) Fought the king fairly lol
I was disappointed with the Alpha Wolf's strength... since I was on insane, and normal teleporting wolves can kill me in one shot; sending me across the map. I was expecting the alpha wolf to just launch me into space or dematerialize hit me lol [no body left] On the contrary, he seemed weaker than a normal super wolf...

I think that's all for now! Thanks for a fun mod!

WalterArcher

Post by WalterArcher » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 am

Hey, finally I figured it out exactly and on other chance I won it. That is some crazy type of game. It is Pretty Awesome and I would like look forward for more playing.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:39 am

I was contacted by MCMic who is trying to gather free assets for open-source Lugaru projects. He would like a precise statement about the license of the Temple campaign, so here it is:

Everything in the Temple campaign is free under the creative commons license, without need for attribution. This concerns all maps, the campaign file, and the following textures: Desertcl, GiTop, GiBottom, GiTeared, mask. The other textures are modifications of proprietary assets.

MCMic

Post by MCMic » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:26 am

Silb wrote:I was contacted by MCMic who is trying to gather free assets for open-source Lugaru projects. He would like a precise statement about the license of the Temple campaign, so here it is:

Everything in the Temple campaign is free under the creative commons license, without need for attribution. This concerns all maps, the campaign file, and the following textures: Desertcl, GiTop, GiBottom, GiTeared, mask. The other textures are modifications of proprietary assets.
Thank you so much for doing that.
Your campaign is now on http://code.google.com/r/comebernigaud-freelugaru/ with the others free assets.

PS: I tried it, it's good. (and hard xD)

tigerscar56

Post by tigerscar56 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:11 pm

nice campaign. i love it. :D

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Even though the last post was in 2006 I justed wanted to mention in hope of someone answering.
I can't get past the ice level with the three wolves, they keep screwing me over. I've tried everything, the little ramp thing near where you start is a place where the wolves refuse to come up which can help but not by much. I just need some input. :?: :?: :?: :cry:

Vaxus

Post by Vaxus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:26 am

I Like it!

warcraftkid

Post by warcraftkid » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:38 am

this forum is a time capsule