A New Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
absoftofo

Post by absoftofo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:46 pm

well, the dot is no longer the problem, it has moved to what (i assume) is the correct location (in the forrest).

my problem is that the game will continually quit to the level map every three seconds if i talk to either sven or shan in the first level. it also will not let me continue a campaign. should i just redownload the temple stuff and try again?

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:52 am

I would try re-downloading.

absoftofo

Post by absoftofo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:34 pm

hm, it worked, i must have gotten a corrupted file the first time.

thanks so much for your help!

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:33 pm

Just played Temple and loved it. I really like the switching between masters, very cool :)

elastrius

Wolf concern

Post by elastrius » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:14 am

First, I would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Superb campaign, I loved it, could never make something like that myself. I just have one concern to bring up, that is probably just a glitch. The wolves in the campaign on Insane mode seem to be broken, in the sense that they could pull off moves that not only defy the laws of physics, which is not so far out, but also the game itself. Example: I was playing the throne platform level on Insane (as this problem does not appear for me on the other difficulties) and was standing on one of the arches over the three opponents. One of the wolves tackled me from the ground to my position a story or two above his head. Then the other one, while I was on the ground, and then both at once. I find this rather odd, and would simply like to bring it to the creators attention. It has not prevented me from completing the campaign on all difficulties, so for some players it will simply add a bit of spice to the mix, but for others it could prove overly frustrating and time-consuming to fight the teleporting wolves.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 am

This is a game bug, it's not specific to the campaign. You can basically make a block very big, so big that you can barely see to the ground from the top; the same bug will occur.
Simply stay away from edges when insane wolves are under them.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:37 am

I finally downloaded it last nice, good job dude :) enjoyed how you could play multiple characters and that there were 31 levels.

Especially enjoyed the ninja suit levels D:<

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:15 am

I think there's a small error in the dialogue on the Old Fort level. The dying rabbit's name is Garett but he's tagged as Shan. Sorry if this has already been pointed out.

Angrboden

XD

Post by Angrboden » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Looks awesome. How do you put it into the Lugaru game? Do you have to put it in the data? Msg meh.

Jendraz

Re: XD

Post by Jendraz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:55 am

Angrboden wrote:Looks awesome. How do you put it into the Lugaru game? Do you have to put it in the data? Msg meh.
Yes, download it and read the readme. All the files are already in folders which say things like.. "This goes into Campaigns". So you put the contents of that folder into the Campaign folder in the Data folder.

Angrboden

?

Post by Angrboden » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Do you need to be registered? Or is there like a demo version for this campagamaganain too?

Jendraz

Re: ?

Post by Jendraz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Angrboden wrote:Do you need to be registered? Or is there like a demo version for this campagamaganain too?
You need to be registered.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:35 am

I just realized I never commented on this campaign.

I've enjoyed it through and through, although I didn't care much for the story; but the environments were well-crafted and brought a challenge and specific atmosphere with them.

There were bits that really brought some wicked tension to the table, especially the 3 wolves on one spot or the ice cave blew my mind.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Jeff wrote:...he somehow jumps back out of the abyss and starts kicking their asses again.

This makes me want to make my own campaign.
That makes me wish I had my own pizza place.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Re: A New Campaign!

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:05 am

Anyone gotten a corpse stuck in a verticle wall yet? Specifically, the 1 rabbit vs. 3 wolves stage? I've been trying to recreate the whole situation, but I'm playing on Insane right now (to prove I can beat the Ice Cave level on Insane with a Pacifism award...) so I'm having some trouble. I'm considering killing all but one wolf (by blowing their heads apart) and then repeatedly smashing its corpse into walls until I figure out where it gets stuck.