Compiling Lugaru on OSX

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: Compiling Lugaru on OSX

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:31 am

I didn't think of that possibility. Yeah, the project expects your frameworks and other jazz to be in /Developer/.

I'm not sure what exactly to do about that. Your best bet should be to just keep on using Xcode 3. Xcode 4 doesn't do much for this project, really.

If that fails, you should contact Apple support to figure out how to resolve this. My bet would be to get the release version of Xcode 4 (because that's what I have). You can find it on the App Store. But I can't guarantee that that fixes things; I don't know how the installer handles the nonstandard installation directory. Either it writes over Xcode 3 and stuff works, like it does on my box, or it writes into your /Xcode 4/ folder and the situation's still the same. I can't tell from here.

You might be able to resolve this also by making a backup of /Developer/ and copying the files from /Xcode 4/ into place, but again, there's no guarantee.

To get an idea what the differences are between the folders, open a terminal and type something like

Code: Select all

ls -m /Xcode\ 4/*
Copy that output to a textfile, then do

Code: Select all

ls -m /Developer/*
Copy that output to another textfile. Compare the two outputs. If they're basically the same with some stuff missing in /Xcode 4/, then you might be able to get things working right with copy operations. It's very risky though, I wouldn't recommend that path. You might end up with a broken installation.
[/size]

Can you currently compile sample projects featuring OpenGL elements with your preview Xcode 4 installation? Because if you can, then the Lugaru project should principally be adjustable to account for nonstandard locations of headers and stuff. I'd test that first and then we'll go from there.

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:06 pm

In my experience, your developer folder must not contain a space or any other special UNIX characters. I had this problem when trying to build Perian.

L0CKnL0aD7

Post by L0CKnL0aD7 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:06 am

Madd the Sane wrote:In my experience, your developer folder must not contain a space or any other special UNIX characters. I had this problem when trying to build Perian.
That might have been the problem... I just installed the final version ant it worked fine :D
THX 4 the help everyone!

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:30 am

It probably really was the space in the path. Nice catch there, Madd! I'm glad stuff's chugging along now, L0CKnL0aD7 :)

cooldude

Post by cooldude » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Is there a direct download to the xcode 4 version? Because i can't get google code working