Favorite Combo

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:05 pm

Zantalos wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote: No, it does not work with a knife. If you have a knife equipped and you flip while in the air, anyone around you when you flip in the air will immediately roll away from where they're standing, making it impossible to land behind them.
Hoah!!! Then you must not have see Staffshocks 3 wolf ownage with a knife!!
Let me find that link... Bam!Here it is, 3 stealth kills with a knife, while flipping.
That is only on insane, it appears. The wolves don't go for tackles on Easy or Hard, they only run up to you. So if you have a knife, and you jump and flip to try to get behind them with a knife, they roll away. It can't be done. Besides, it's a LOT easier to kill wolves with swords either way.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:21 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:That is only on insane, it appears. The wolves don't go for tackles on Easy or Hard, they only run up to you. So if you have a knife, and you jump and flip to try to get behind them with a knife, they roll away. It can't be done. Besides, it's a LOT easier to kill wolves with swords either way.
What? That means you can't kill wolves on insane? Or you can't kill them on easy and hard? I'm confused.
And you can use the rolls to your advantage, fake the opposition and make them roll under you, they line themselves up to be killed. I can't can't do it normally but when it's on slo-mo debug I can, not sure how much insane effects it, I'll have to try it out. Probably in slow motion cause it's hard to move that fast. :roll:

For some reason I don't get "backstabber," I usually don't backstab with a sword, I just swing it. I'll have to try that one out too.

Fama

Post by Fama » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:55 pm

...or you can flip, land, THEN pull out the knife and stabby-stabby BAM dead wolf. Works wonders (on rabbits too).

Edit: Ok, you slit their throats instead of stabbing, but stabby-stabby is fun ;)

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Mon May 01, 2006 5:23 am

Well, it's a lot easier to do the jump flip pull out knife thing like Fama said. I didn't know they were rolling because of the knife, but I made do, I guess.

However, they won't roll if you have a sword. Makes it easier... a lot eaiser!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 01, 2006 5:21 pm

That's essentially what I said, StaffShock. They roll when you have a knife unsheathed, but not if you have a sword unsheathed, because of the ninja knife throw.

howwitty

COMBO

Post by howwitty » Wed May 03, 2006 1:45 pm

I guess the walk-up-behind-and-tracheotomy combo is very nice. But that's kind of boring, so I like the slice+throw combo. I like knives, and by the way how is a rabbit supposed to use a halberd (in lugaru 2)??

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Sat May 06, 2006 9:43 pm

its probably legsweep/kick+bunny kick

IKG

Post by IKG » Sun May 07, 2006 12:35 am

The staff move where you can continuously slam down on an enemy :twisted:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: COMBO

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun May 07, 2006 8:07 am

howwitty wrote:I guess the walk-up-behind-and-tracheotomy combo is very nice. But that's kind of boring, so I like the slice+throw combo. I like knives, and by the way how is a rabbit supposed to use a halberd (in lugaru 2)??
If you ask that, why not ask how a rabbit is supposed to know martial arts or use knives and staves. You have noticed the whole game features rabbits doing a lot of things that rabbits <i>CAN'T ACTUALLY DO</i>?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun May 07, 2006 11:47 am

What? Ha ha ha ha, rabits so can do all those ninja moves! Especially that legcannon, why can't kangaroos do that too, they are lame! That's why!
It makes sense for rabbits to know karate moves, it does, it does! :o

The halberd is going to be really funny though! Turner is already a skinny little guy, it's going to be hilarious trying to get him to swing something that weighs practically more than he does. That's going to so top heavy, I hope it messes up his movement.

NickD

Post by NickD » Mon May 29, 2006 11:12 am

Simple puch, then spin kick while they are holding their arm :twisted: , then throw a dagger at them... or I jut throw a dagger at them in the fit place :D ... but sometimes I like to do it the hard way... :P ... :idea: Oh yah! and low spinkick them, then kick them on the ground... yah :shock: .

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue May 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Too many smileys.

JLrep

Post by JLrep » Tue May 30, 2006 8:47 pm

Wolves roll around a lot if you're trying to flip everywhere, but that still doesn't stop them from standing around confusedly 60% of the time.

Btw, how do you flip behind an enemy and do a Backbreaker? I can do an instant kill with the knife or sword, but whenever I try unarmed (other than actually sneaking up to them), I end up kicking them.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue May 30, 2006 9:05 pm

JLrep wrote:Wolves roll around a lot if you're trying to flip everywhere, but that still doesn't stop them from standing around confusedly 60% of the time.

Btw, how do you flip behind an enemy and do a Backbreaker? I can do an instant kill with the knife or sword, but whenever I try unarmed (other than actually sneaking up to them), I end up kicking them.
Make sure you aren't pressing any movement keys when you click.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Wed May 31, 2006 11:16 am

My favorite combo is Mega Combo! and then a knife throw.