Official Lugaru Ranking

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:50 pm

The speed of your computer does not affect the speed of the game in any way; just the framerate.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:52 pm

That would seem to indicate that Arnt's scores are fallacious, not hellacious.

Also, are dopey Noob the Pirate's scores going to be rescinded, and his epaulets torn off?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:35 am

Wait... you guys still havent told me why you guys were talking about level 15 when there is none :P ... is there :D ?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:40 am

NickD wrote:Wait... you guys still havent told me why you guys were talking about level 15 when there is none :P ... is there :D ?
To make this perfectly clear once and for all: it is not stated that there is no not level 15 on the anti-list of not levels that don't not really exist.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:56 am

That was not Clear, I could not understand that. :?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:21 am

It was not? :?
Okay-

! Spoiler warning !
The level appears when you are ready for it. At that time, the lights go out, the stars align, and there is a flash of blinding light as rabbit angels sing the glory of Lugaru 2.

Ahem.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:52 am

I take that as there is not one. Send me the File! :wink:

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:25 am

Okay, use this not link (and remove the .txt extension from the file): :?:

However, if you are not ready, you may see strange things. It is a mystical realm from the future which is actually inside your mind!
Or something.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:05 am

lol, you are so funny. :roll:

FoxInABox

Post by FoxInABox » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:16 am

The speed of your computer does not affect the speed of the game in any way; just the framerate.
--;; well, it seem to be possible to change the gamespeed by incrasing grapic card options to max, I also think I noticed a speed boost when I installed some grapic programs like .net framework or the newest directx..

So I'm just confused what normal speed on this game realy should be.
That would seem to indicate that Arnt's scores are fallacious, not hellacious.

Also, are dopey Noob the Pirate's scores going to be rescinded, and his epaulets torn off?
lucky me there is online directories out there ^^3

Well I don't have to be on the online hiscore list, I'm just trying to get the lowest times possible on every level, but if I can adjust my gamespeed to how it should be then I'll be happy to gather the scores all over again.

EDIT: Um yeah, watched the L5 0:05 attempt again, and I totaly agree, it's realy slow.. Well, I got backup from before I changed gamespeed from .7 to .5 but there is no way I'm using gamespeed 1:
Should the speed be this fast

beginner

Post by beginner » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:27 pm

I took some time to beat times...
I wanted to prove my scores with a video like Silb always does, but I can't get Snapz to work.. I suck with computers (even with macintosh..) so i always get movies that are like 500 mb or just a black screen.. So you're just gonna have to believe me untill I have a program that works the way I want it..

Tactics:
level 10: Jump down 'spinecrush' white rabbit, use it's body to 'nice aim' the brown one, jump to the grey rabbit 'spinecrush'/'tracheotomy' him, jump and flip over the black rabbits head to cunfuse him and 'rabbit kick' him from behind into the rocks.

level 11: Jump at the block with 2 rabbits on the left and jump towards the wolves as soon as the rabbits see you. Jump on to the other block and rabbit kick the collected animals all against the wall or eachother. It took me like 40 tries to get 23 seconds... *sigh*

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:24 pm

Congratulations! Great times! :)
No need of video, I think the tactics you give are proof in themselves.

I'd love to see your style on a video, though.
For Snapz, it might help to put Lugaru in 640*480, and capture the screen with a 75% scale: the video you'll want in the end won't be bigger than this anyway, so why not save memory. Important: in my experience, you have to check 'smoother video capture', otherwise you get a black screen. Also, quit and relaunch Snapz (leaving Lugaru first) every 5 minutes or so to avoid gigantic files (which would also fill your RAM). As for saving, in order to upload the video to YouTube or Photobucket, use MPEG-4 (.mp4) - .mov might not always work.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:14 pm

Silb wrote:It was not? :?
Okay-

! Spoiler warning !
The level appears when you are ready for it. At that time, the lights go out, the stars align, and there is a flash of blinding light as rabbit angels sing the glory of Lugaru 2.

Ahem.
Im guessing there is no level 15 :lol: ?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:01 am

Arnt wrote: Um yeah, watched the L5 0:05 attempt again, and I totaly agree, it's realy slow.. Well, I got backup from before I changed gamespeed from .7 to .5 but there is no way I'm using gamespeed 1:
Should the speed be this fast
Yep; that looks like normal speed. (It's a little hard to be positive from your video.) It really won't take you long to get used to it.

And I'm not even gonna mention the thread where Silb discusses beating the game with the speed turned to 2 or 3. (Wait; I just mentioned it. Oh, well.)
NickD wrote:Wait... you guys still havent told me why you guys were talking about level 15 when there is none :P ... is there :D ?
Well, as Silb says, it appears when you're ready. It's hard to know when that will happen, but it's even harder to beat it. The Level 15 scores won't appear on the score screen until someone does.

I hope to be the first, but sometimes I wonder if anyone ever will: there are so many damn cows! The carnage is fun (I think the gore is turned up), but they come so fast you never have a chance to think (it's a little hard to take screens, too; you can't even open the level with debug on, so no stop action) and you can't seem to pick up their weapons. Must be too heavy for even a strong bunny, I guess.

Anyway, here's the best I can do. I thought I had it beat on the one with all the blood; I thought there was only one left, in front of me, but there were a few more sneaking up behind me. Some day.
Image Image

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:15 pm

hehehe......I love the cow level