Lugaru 2...

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:41 pm

another funny idea I had is where you could use the rope as a weapon. Its more western and not so much martial arts fighting but it would be rather cool. Just lasso your enemies with the rope and then tie them up.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:07 pm

Sartan wrote:How about some of the original ideas? Alternate combat styles, knife throws switching between straight or spinning... Good stuff. :o
"Knife throws switching between straight or spinning" is "good stuff"? Yeah, I'm sure that would affect my enjoyment of the gameplay a lot more than the addition of something like a grappling hook!

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:26 pm

I didn't say instead... :roll:

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Not only as a lasso, but if you wet it (make it heavier) then use it like a morning star :D.

I hope that there's several kinds of each weapon. (like maybe a balled mace that does damage differently than a spiked or flanged mace.)

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:07 pm

Or maybe a spear wich you can use for fighting and a javalon would be throwable. Also i think it would be totally awesome is if you could hold a weapon in each hand/paw. In lugaru you can only hold two weapons and use only one at a time. I think it would be cool if you could hold two and use two. It would also be cool if you could use a fiber wire to sneak up on your enemies and strangle them. Rather gross but kinda cool.

Sage

Re: eh

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:48 pm

champrjk wrote:Or maybe a spear wich you can use for fighting and a javalon would be throwable. Also i think it would be totally awesome is if you could hold a weapon in each hand/paw. In lugaru you can only hold two weapons and use only one at a time. I think it would be cool if you could hold two and use two. It would also be cool if you could use a fiber wire to sneak up on your enemies and strangle them. Rather gross but kinda cool.
Beh? You like your spears huh? Then again, I like my squirrels :D.

I don't think there will be dual-wielding in the game... Fiber wire might be good, but you have spinecrusher. Then again, if someone herd their fraind's neck get snapped they'll probably ntoice, so maybe fiber wire wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:49 pm

Fibre wire? Considering the apparent technological level of the island, I'd think rope would be the closest match. Uness they go off to buy some in their hoverjets. :P

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:53 pm

I don't think it would exactly be a fiber wire, maybe a glorified clothesline...

EDIT: Which I guess would be a very thin rope back then...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:39 am

Sartan wrote:Fibre wire? Considering the apparent technological level of the island, I'd think rope would be the closest match. Uness they go off to buy some in their hoverjets. :P
LOL. Yeah, and Turner might also get night vision goggles and optical fibres for looking under doors, possibly some C4 charges.

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:26 pm

Well it could be a waxed rope.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:56 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Sartan wrote:Fibre wire? Considering the apparent technological level of the island, I'd think rope would be the closest match. Uness they go off to buy some in their hoverjets. :P
LOL. Yeah, and Turner might also get night vision goggles and optical fibres for looking under doors, possibly some C4 charges.
I think we have the title for the game.

Lugaru 2: Chaos Theory

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:25 pm

You don't really need fiber wire, unless you plan on assassinating innocent people. Anything else will work just fine as a garrote; ropes, fishing lines, cloth, even normal weapons like Nunchucks and pipes can be used to strangle people, or you know, using your bare arms and hands. Well the good part of using this is that you can strangle someone till they're knocked unconscious or until they die. The bad part is, air strangulation is horrible knocking people out and asphyxia is a bad way to go and can take a long time. The other method, blood choke, is much quicker, safer, takes about 8 seconds, and gives the victim a nice brown out, before fainting. The effects don't last long and the subject regains consciousness spontaneously in 10-20 seconds, so it doesn't seem very usefull...

You might as well slight is throat if you want to kill him, or club him in the head if you want to knock him out (which could be a bit more complicated considering all your stealth moves instantly kill the person). But I'm not very sure why you'd need to hide your MO by choking them, it's not like the raiders are going to think any less of you. (unless the badguys decide stop trying to kill you on sight)

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:33 pm

Wow ... you certainly seem to know a lot about these things ...

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:49 pm

Zantalos wrote:You might as well slight is throat if you want to kill him, or club him in the head if you want to knock him out (which could be a bit more complicated considering all your stealth moves instantly kill the person). But I'm not very sure why you'd need to hide your MO by choking them, it's not like the raiders are going to think any less of you. (unless the badguys decide stop trying to kill you on sight)
You don't always carry a knife around you though, but it would be faster. Aw well, I guess you don't carry your mother's sewing kit around all the time either.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:57 pm

do you people honestly think that in Lugaru 2 there will be stealth kills with lassos? :wink: