Questions about Lugaru 2

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
SuitDude

Post by SuitDude » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:02 pm

Additionally, have you considered giving enemies the ability to throw knives at the player?

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Already done. I have my button set to Q but I'm not sure if that's the default... it's in the controls, just look. Also, doing the tutorial helps.

And as for the additional attacks.. I don't know why that is, it's probably to keep you from just kicking them in the air untill they're dead. I have kicked a dead body in midair hundreds of times so it's not cause they're ragdolled...
Last edited by Sage on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:22 pm

He meant enemies throwing knives at YOU, not you throwing knives at enemies. :P

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:36 pm

I think that was in the beta... but nobody has the reactions to dodge throwing knives that friggen fast. The reaction time leaves like 1/5 of a second to roll away. That's kinda fast for humans.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:38 pm

Maybe the enemy could only throw a knife from a set radius? The distance could become smaller as the difficulty gets higher as well, until eventually it's just a natural twitch.

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:39 pm

Oh... duh... sorry, I don't have a very high brain capacity :/

That would be interesting, and would keep you on your toes (or paws? Whatever) and would force you to hit that supar doopar catch button at the right moment. (or be like me and run like a sissy)

EDIT: And they pull their hand back when they're about to throw it...

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:50 pm

And not only that, but they would be able to throw it anytime they want, (IE: you're in the middle of a leg sweep) and it doesn't even matter if you hit roll or not, you can still die if you don't completely dodge the knife! Like, you try to dodge but then realize you didn't cartwheel at an 80 degree angle so you still catch one in the chest and die or, you're fighting a ton of rabbits and one of the bastards throw a knife, half way while you're getting leg sweeped, CHEAP!

Yeah, in order to have knives, you'd have to nerf the AI (which sucks), or add in a hella long animation for people to recognize a knife throw (but that just doesn't make sense to wind up like that). That might suck total ass for new comers to Lugaru, that would just be way too overwhelming. Knife guys were already pretty hard to kill in Lugaru 1 (not anymore, but if you ever show it to some who has never played it before, you remember right away how hard this game was when you started) now imagine the knife guy randomly throwing instant kills at you.

Well actually, this makes sense. All of the pros seem to really like the idea of enemies throwing instant kills at you. So that's good, at least Lugaru is scientifically proven that regular people can master it. The answer should just be simple then, on insane, enemies throw knives at you (just like how on insane, wolves can tackle and animal run at you), and at normal difficulty, they don't. You don't have to imbalance or nerf any AI when people get this good at Lugaru, I just realized that.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:12 am

About knife throwing ETC.
I Noted that one dude in the last Demo Level, you throw a knife at him, it Would have killed everyone else but i had to throw 2 knifes and do a rabbit kick to kill him. has anyone found that?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:33 am

Yeah... it's called armor.

You can set it to whatever in debug mode. I can make it so that it's like I'm wearing 100 leather armors... no real point, but still. :roll:

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:36 am

Colicedus wrote:About knife throwing ETC.
I Noted that one dude in the last Demo Level, you throw a knife at him, it Would have killed everyone else but i had to throw 2 knifes and do a rabbit kick to kill him. has anyone found that?
He's stronger, it's mean to be this way.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:03 am

Cool, than it was not a Screw up in the game. i did not think it was but i thought it might have been.