Rigid Body Physics

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Noz

Rigid Body Physics

Post by Noz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Would it be possible to apply rigid body physics to objects other than weapons and models and place them in a scene?

Also, as a side note, did everyone lose interest in modding Lugaru?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: Rigid Body Physics

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 am

Noz wrote:Would it be possible to apply rigid body physics to objects other than weapons and models and place them in a scene?
Yes, with a lot of work. You'd have to change the source code, introduce a new kind of object, with all that entails, which is basically all the game does with objects (like loading, texturing, map referencing etc), plus your physics on top. It currently does not apply physics to objects in a manner that would enable this sort of modification.

That's one of the reasons why there was a push towards tidying up the Lugaru source code when it was released. Sadly, that didn't happen, so making something like this would be a huge hassle.
Also, as a side note, did everyone lose interest in modding Lugaru?
It sure seems like it. Right now, I see no activity. The interest might come back though at some point. Although I don't see why it would, seeing as modding Overgrowth seems a lot more efficient and satisfying, and the games do the same core thing (fast fighting plus weapons plus free traversal plus anthropomorphic animals).

Zeno3939

Post by Zeno3939 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 am

Hi . I'm new on forum ( sorry for my horrible english but i'm from poland and i still learning the english language.
I have a few questions . You said :
rudel_ic wrote: Yes, with a lot of work. You'd have to change the source code, introduce a new kind of object, with all that entails, which is basically all the game does with objects (like loading, texturing, map referencing etc), plus your physics on top. It currently does not apply physics to objects in a manner that would enable this sort of modification.

That's one of the reasons why there was a push towards tidying up the Lugaru source code when it was released. Sadly, that didn't happen, so making something like this would be a huge hassle.
1.There is a free source code of Lugaru ?
2.How do you write your plugins ( I know , it's in python , but from where you know about bones in lugaru , about obiects or maps ? )
3. Can i create a model ( to lugaru ofc ) of cube with 2 textures ?

I was able to not understand :D

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Zeno3939 wrote: 1.There is a free source code of Lugaru ?
Yes. http://code.google.com/p/lugaru/
2.How do you write your plugins ( I know , it's in python , but from where you know about bones in lugaru , about obiects or maps ? )
I spent a considerable amount of time reverse-engineering the formats for models, skeletons, animations and maps. Lots of sweat and tears were shed. That happened before the source code was made available to the public. It would be rather easy to do it now, and do it right, but I wanted to do it the hard way to learn something.
You can read ramblings about my reverse-engineering approach here: http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/04/Reverse ... nary-Files
3. Can i create a model ( to lugaru ofc ) of cube with 2 textures ?
Apart from decals and clothing, one model in Lugaru has exactly one texture. Multitexturing per polygon would be something one would have to add as a feature to the game. The same goes for using multiple textures across one model with one texture reference per polygon. Both not too hard, but uncomfortable because Lugaru does not use shaders, but rather the static OpenGL render pipeline. And you would have to re-architect the whole asset scheme (like, what to load with what, when to reference it, with what objects, all that; basic C++ refactoring stuff). This is made harder by the fact that the Lugaru code is messy. But it's totally doable.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:42 pm

I for one, would love to learn how to mod, especially Lugaru. I simply adore it and I want to try and make it more fun and exciting.

Crystalwarrior

Post by Crystalwarrior » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:06 pm

sibibale wrote:http://jogosdevestironline.com/ are cool to play
Spambot?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 am

Crystalwarrior wrote:
sibibale wrote:http://jogosdevestironline.com/ are cool to play
Spambot?