Lugaru team

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Sargon

Lugaru team

Post by Sargon » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:08 am

How many people worked on lugaru 1? and how many people work on lugaru2?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:22 am

For Lugaru 1, I did all of the programming and animation and a lot of the artwork: Jesse Holden (Erazorhead) helped a lot with many of the textures, and David Drew contributed the model for the hawk that you see flying overhead.

For Lugaru 2 that is a much more complicated question, so I will have to give a simple answer for now: about six.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:14 am

What do you mean "ABOUT six"? Does that mean 6-something (like 60)? Or are you just not counting the dude thats making the music? oh-oh!! Check out my new song: IDK (dont ask why its called that) on http://www.myspace.com/yourchickenismoldy ! Its me on the piano :p i was just fooling around.... Peace

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:40 pm

He obviously gave a rough estimate of six because he does not know how many people may be working on the game by the time the development is finished.

I'd say that him saying six means there's six people working on the game in total, including anybody who has to do with working on material for the game, which would include the musical composer.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:52 pm

the musical composer?
Isn't there 2-3 people making music for L2?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:10 pm

I think there could be, but like me, I make all the music for my games (which is going to be a lot better than http://www.myspace.com/yourchickenismoldy ) with my keyboard which can make a whole orchestral track. Check out the Fantom X series (which i really really want) on www.roland.com . There are a lot of "orchistras" that are conducted off those keyboards :wink: .
-Nick D. ( http://www.wormyadventures.com )

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:11 pm

In conclusion, the music could be made entirely from ONE person. Thank you. You're too kind. *bows*

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:21 pm

David wrote:For Lugaru 1, I did all of the programming and animation and a lot of the artwork: Jesse Holden (Erazorhead) helped a lot with many of the textures, and David Drew contributed the model for the hawk that you see flying overhead.

For Lugaru 2 that is a much more complicated question, so I will have to give a simple answer for now: about six.
I just chekced out those textures and, wow. The one that says: "proposed title screen" should definitely be the menu for Lugaru 2.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:51 pm

Crill3 wrote:the musical composer?
I thought this Mikko Tarmia guy was composing the music for Lugaru 2?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:16 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Crill3 wrote:the musical composer?
I thought this Mikko Tarmia guy was composing the music for Lugaru 2?
There are a few. I believe the new website will have an official roster.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:54 pm

Awesome.

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:00 pm

NickD wrote:What do you mean "ABOUT six"? Does that mean 6-something (like 60)? Or are you just not counting the dude thats making the music? oh-oh!! Check out my new song: IDK (dont ask why its called that) on http://www.myspace.com/yourchickenismoldy ! Its me on the piano :p i was just fooling around.... Peace
By "About six" he definetly means 7.5.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:27 pm

lol who's the 1/2 of a person? I hope that one-half-ness happened late in his/her life cause I wouldnt want to be a half of a person :roll:

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:26 pm

Hey that's neat, my friend (Adam) is a big synthesizer fan. I just mentioned to him on the phone your interest in playing that kind of stuff, and he wants me to say this (too lazy to figure out how to work this PM system)
I reccomend, if you're looking for a cheap Fantom and don't have the money for the 6, 7, or 8, you should get the Fantom XA. It still delivers Fantom quality sound, but at a lower price (and a lower quality LCD). [here I told him (Adam) that you probably know about Roland but he's going to tell you anyways]. However, if you're looking for that powerful vintage brass sound you should get the long-awaited Juno series G. [I don't think I got the point across that you wanted to make orchestral stuff.] It delivers all-vintage sound for the 80's styled Jupiter series for less than you would pay for any of the Fantoms. And fiunally, if you're looking for what I specialize in, which is synthesis, you should aquaint yourself with the moderately priced SH-201 analog synthesizer.

ASSESSMENT END
[He's obsessed with Doom 3 and likes ending everything like that... yes he told me to end it like that]
On a side note, he wants to know what keyboard(s) you use. He also wants to know what forums I'm on, but I won't tell him. To tell you the truth, if he saw this game, he'd stick a fork in my eye, JUST because it involves anthromorphic rabbits and such.

ALso, if you wanted to be a Vangelis... you's take a VS-80 and a bunch of other keyboards and play as many as possible while having it sound good :P. SO... yeah.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:24 pm

lol. I end everything with "so... yah." too, but im using the oldest keyboard (which still has really high quality sounds) with a midi interface and a floppy disk drive to store more data in. Its still in style, but I went to Guitar Center and tried a Fantom out for myself and it was hellsta tight. I use garage band too. Imma (say it like Mario and read the sentance over) see if i can get a fantom offa eBay. so... yah. :shock: Oh yah. for my game wormy, should i make it a scarry game like doom or an action game like the old one ( www.wormyadventures.com )?