Invertins 6 combat styles

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
invertin

Invertins 6 combat styles

Post by invertin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:45 am

I thought of this a while ago but only just decided to make a topic about it.

Fire Style
Fire needs fuel to burn so Fire Style does the same. The "fuel" of Fire Style is weapons.
"Swordsman"

Water Style
The sea washes away small pebbles and sand off of the beach instead of washing away the whole thing, Water Style involves weakening the enemy before killing them and luring enemies away from the group.
"Divide and Conquer"

Wind Style
Wind is quiet, invisible and unpredictable, Wind Style is all about being quiet and invisible. A Wind Style user only uses stealth moves, and if they get in a proper fight, will confuse the enemy with flips and wall jumps.
"One with the shadows"

Earth Style
Earth is the most basic style, this involves taking the enemy head on, no matter who or how many there are. A rock will not shift if attacked so most of the time Earth Style means no retreating.
"Suicidal"

Lightning Style
Lightning is quick, and extremely damaging.A Lightning Style user only uses strong attacks and moves around alot while fighting. Lightning never stays in one place, so when an enemy runs for help, retreat and wait untill the help leaves before lightning strikes again....
"Escape Artist"

Plant Style(I was low on ideas)
A plant won't move for anyone, and punching a thorn bush is going to hurt you more than the bush! A Plant Style user will stand still when in combat and will not attack, instead waiting for the chance to reverse.
"Aikido master!"

Death Style
Debug and the "I"...
"Flawless"

Tell me which one you are or make up your own if you fight differently!
I capatilised all of the styles names, it makes them look important

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:22 pm

We've had fighting style ideas floating around for a while, it's still up in the air. I don't think this whole switching styles thing fits well with the philosophy of subtlety.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Re: Invertins 6 combat styles

Post by Colicedus » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:31 pm

invertin wrote:I thought of this a while ago but only just decided to make a topic about it.

Fire Style
Fire needs fuel to burn so Fire Style does the same. The "fuel" of Fire Style is weapons.
"Swordsman"

Water Style
The sea washes away small pebbles and sand off of the beach instead of washing away the whole thing, Water Style involves weakening the enemy before killing them and luring enemies away from the group.
"Divide and Conquer"

Wind Style
Wind is quiet, invisible and unpredictable, Wind Style is all about being quiet and invisible. A Wind Style user only uses stealth moves, and if they get in a proper fight, will confuse the enemy with flips and wall jumps.
"One with the shadows"

Earth Style
Earth is the most basic style, this involves taking the enemy head on, no matter who or how many there are. A rock will not shift if attacked so most of the time Earth Style means no retreating.
"Suicidal"

Lightning Style
Lightning is quick, and extremely damaging.A Lightning Style user only uses strong attacks and moves around alot while fighting. Lightning never stays in one place, so when an enemy runs for help, retreat and wait untill the help leaves before lightning strikes again....
"Escape Artist"

Plant Style(I was low on ideas)
A plant won't move for anyone, and punching a thorn bush is going to hurt you more than the bush! A Plant Style user will stand still when in combat and will not attack, instead waiting for the chance to reverse.
"Aikido master!"

Death Style
Debug and the "I"...
"Flawless"

Tell me which one you are or make up your own if you fight differently!
I capatilised all of the styles names, it makes them look important
I get Flawless 99.9% on Challenge Lvl2 Without Debug.
and I will say I am Water, Lighting and The plant.
A powerful Mix :twisted:

You also Forgot about Take No Prisoners and Brutal.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:47 am

According to your styles...I'd be a mix of Fire, Water, and Wind...
Although, I'd consider myself more of a One With The Enviroment and Gloating Miscreant styles myself.

One With The Enviroment
The enviroment is your weapon. You manuever yourself so that you can always use a rock, a tree, a cliff, or a structure to damage your opponent.

Gloating Miscreant
If it's there, you'll use it. You have no qualms about kick people while they're down or knifing someone as they're getting up. You'll challenge someone to a fight only to kick them in the face as they try to climb up to your position. You'll use every glitch and dirty move you know to defeat the enemy. If the enemy ends up killing themselves, all the better.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:41 am

Grayswandir wrote:According to your styles...I'd be a mix of Fire, Water, and Wind...
Although, I'd consider myself more of a One With The Enviroment and Gloating Miscreant styles myself.

One With The Enviroment
The enviroment is your weapon. You manuever yourself so that you can always use a rock, a tree, a cliff, or a structure to damage your opponent.

Gloating Miscreant
If it's there, you'll use it. You have no qualms about kick people while they're down or knifing someone as they're getting up. You'll challenge someone to a fight only to kick them in the face as they try to climb up to your position. You'll use every glitch and dirty move you know to defeat the enemy. If the enemy ends up killing themselves, all the better.
I prefer to name my styles after something natural or a mystical element. I'll think of what to call those

I'm air, lightning and fire. Mostly fire :D

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:49 pm

Well, I guess I'd be a mix of lightning, plant and fire.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:38 pm

After playing on Insane for a while...I came up with a couple more...Okay, not all of them are elemental...but still...
Sandstorm
You are a whirlwind, you use quick, vicious attacks to down your opponent, and you never let up, you follow your prey until they are rendered lifeless. Having no fear of mutliple opponents, you sweep in, tearing at your opponent in a blinding flurry of combinations, leaving them completely confused. You are invasive and can be found in the most suprising places.
Escape Artist, Suicidal, Brutal!, "Combo Awards"

10-Ton Truck
Reversals, who needs 'em? Rushing your opponents with frightening speed, you employ your most powerful moves to crush and fling your enemy skyward. You have no qualms about using yourself as a projectile weapon, constantly bashing into your enemies with a terrifying lack of self-preservation.
Suicidal, Brutal!, "Nice Aim!", "Death from Above", "Leg Cannon"

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:25 pm

Sand storm is pretty much lightning, but I'm definetly 10-ton truck. :D
Now, a challenge, without having any tricks or flip-land-stealth attack.
What is the best style to kill a wolf and why?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:23 am

Before He is alert You Chuck a Knife at him/ if you are Lucky to do a Successful Knife Throw Leg Sweep him, and Roll over him and Press Grab Knife. or Leg Sweep him and Stab him with you're Knife/Sword and Score Slayer and Wolf-slayer at the same time.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:16 am

Running at him like an idiot...because watching yourself fly through the air is funny.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:21 am

I'd say somewhere in a cross between Water, Wind, and Lightning.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:09 pm

I said STYLE. Doesn't matter, these are the styles in effectiveness in killing a wolf (In my opinion).
Air-Fire-Water-Plant-Lightning-Earth

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 pm

invertin wrote:I said STYLE. Doesn't matter, these are the styles in effectiveness in killing a wolf (In my opinion).
Air-Fire-Water-Plant-Lightning-Earth
Running at the wolf like an idiot is a style...it takes skill to get yourself hit at just the right angle so you go flying through the air like a tennis ball.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 pm

Not if the enemy is a tennis-player. :P

I'd be Air. (Not wind, Air.)

Essentially, much the same as Wind, but here's my description of what the Air style should be:
Stealthy and quick, but powerful.
Weapons are used when appropriate and when available.

Basically it's a fusion of Wind and Lightning, which are actually both part of the element of Air.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:17 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:Not if the enemy is a tennis-player. :P

I'd be Air. (Not wind, Air.)

Essentially, much the same as Wind, but here's my description of what the Air style should be:
Stealthy and quick, but powerful.
Weapons are used when appropriate and when available.

Basically it's a fusion of Wind and Lightning, which are actually both part of the element of Air.
good one! Also, if you only use 1 style and 1 style only then you have earned the title of master (Plant master, fire master ect) Fire master is the hardest title to get because it means you have to be selecitve in levels and be careful not to get knocked over too much. Lately i've been an Earth Master, and it is HARD against wolves!

P.S My dad plays lugaru and he is definetly a Plant Master.