I can't place objects (HELP)

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Ninja_Azzazzin

I can't place objects (HELP)

Post by Ninja_Azzazzin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:04 pm

So on Lugaru i am editing my map that i saved from challenge map 4 And would like to add some type of parkour to it but the only problem is i cant place ANY objects i mean i can place characters but thats it and i really want to do this so people can play this for a challenge other then the pre built ones because this one is slightly harder. Anyway please help i would love to be able to do this. Oh and btw i am on a windows vista 32 bit i believe

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: I can't place objects (HELP)

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:58 pm

You need to first make the objects bigger. They're too small by default, so you place them, but can't see them. There's some key for increasing the size of objects, I believe it's arrow up, look in the wiki. A good starting size is usually 0.333 because that is the size at which textures are scaled 1:1 even if they are repeating, which is good to know if you're making objects which should have a fixed size with non-repeating textures.

Sizing is affected by slow motion. So you can set slomo via console (wiki!!) and scale slower then.

Note that the extremely small objects are in the level now if you've saved after trying to place stuff, but didn't notice an effect. The maximum number of objects in a level is 300. So you might want to start over.

Ninja_Azzazzin

Re: I can't place objects (HELP)

Post by Ninja_Azzazzin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks man you've really helped me on some topics! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D