Bugs question

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:05 am

Here's one of those tips I promised. It works easiest in any dialogue situation that is triggered by your mouse click; it also works in automatically triggered dialogue, but the timing is more difficult. And of course, Slo-mo enhances the effects.

Run as fast as possible toward the bunny you'll be talking to. Rabbit running or leaping is fastest; in an automatically triggered scene, when you enter the scene flying, you'll be jerked into position, and do your little high-jump-crouch dance. Jumping from the tower to Skip's rock has a wonderful effect.

Speed is important; the faster you approach, the greater the effect. But be aware; this trick can easily kill you, so be sure to hit H first.

Hit I as you approach; with a click triggered scene, from any speaking distance; with auto-trigger, you have to time it to just before the trigger initiates. In a click scene, click as soon as you push I.

This is what happens in the first Skipper scene:

Image Image Image

For more jollies, follow the body and click to talk to it again. The farther the body flies, the more pronounced the result of this dialogue initiation will be.

Some of the best scenes are the ones at the beginning of T's entry into the Rocky Hall, or the old Raider Base. Talking to your friends has interesting results, too ("Click to talk to friends!") but it's not nice to blow your friends' heads up, especially right before Xmas. Turn 'em into wolves first.

Also be aware that if you kill the first person you talk to in a multi-charactor scene (like the Wanderer, or the Rocky Hall), the scene stops, and the only way to get out is to exit and end the level, or kill everybunny else in the scene (which can be kinda fun too).

The exception is the old Raider Base. You have to talk to both, or you can kill both, but killing them is like talking and ending the dialogue. But you should kill 'em both anyway, 'cuz they're naughty. Santa has 'em on his list.