NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Wow. That's strange :| ...

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:59 pm

rudel_ic wrote:
Usagi wrote: If you want to kill him quickly (and his taunts about your "puny weapon" don't bother you) just stand still and draw your puny weapon as he runs at you after the dialogue, and slash him five times. He's dead: you win. You avenged your family and restored the balance to the island. Now do it again.
Funny, that's exactly how I did the job back in the days.
or just backstab him :p

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Yah, that's pretty easy too.

Just jump up on the block; he runs by and looks around mumbling, "Which way did he go? Which way did he go," in a dopey voice.

You jump down behind him, and "Backstabber!" etc.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:46 pm

I STill cant find the button to activate the console!!!!!! :evil:

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm

cachiporrin wrote:I STill cant find the button to activate the console!!!!!! :evil:
http://wolfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... onsole+key

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:42 pm

I posted a topic about this a while ago, but it wasn't all that great.

One thing that works for me is the leg swipe reversal/stab.

First, you reverse a wolf leg swipe. (Slomo helps) Then, while he's down, walk over, crouch, and attack. This stabs and kills the wolf. (It works better with a sword.)

The second way is to approach the wolf from downwind. It's hard to find the wind direction, and you have to jump from afar, but it works.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

now i know how to kill a wolf with a backstabber and I threw him a knife 1 time, but i killed him. BUT I STILL CANT FIND THE CONSOLE KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :evil: :shock: :!: .... ahhh, and i have a question, is there a STAR WARS MOD for Lugaru? :?:

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:22 pm

Yes. It's on the wiki, in the mods section under the name of Space Lugaru, or you can just click here to download it.

Ravenwood

Post by Ravenwood » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:36 am

Ok, after reading about people sneaking up behind wolves, I ask: "How?" Every tiem I try to creep up behind a wolf, they ALWAYS detect me. No, I'm not carying a bloody weapon. In fact I've done it when carrying no weapons but they still detect me as soon as I get to about 3 meters of them when Sneaking up from behind.

And on the second point of jumping and flipping over them, jumping seems totally suicidal as they keep grabbing me out of the air and knocking me down.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:28 am

The secret is the flip. They'll stand or crouch and watch you fly over if you flip; they'll grab you if you just jump.

As for sneaking up, it's easier of you're downwind, so they don't smell you as quickly, but they almost always hear you.

The best way is to jump from a ways back and land right behind them. A little practice and you'll begin to judge your distance and timing.

I practiced a lot on Level 11, because a wolf walks toward and then away from you in almost a direct line, so you don't need to work so much on proper starting position. Just run from under the tree where you spawn and stop by the first rock. The wolf won't notice you there, and he'll show you his back so you can work on your jump.

Have you read the articles in the wiki; they might help too.

Ravenwood

Post by Ravenwood » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:13 am

When I jump over someone, about 75% of the time they'll grab me out of the air and slam me on the ground.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:20 am

Are you on insane? 'Cuz when I play, they never grab me unless I can't do a flip as I approach them.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:30 pm

You don't even have to jump over them, just jump straight in the air when you get the chance and immediately do a flip. When you land do a leg cannon, or if you had a knife or sword they might have rolled under you if you got it right, when that happens you can just do sneak kill (Spine crushers can only be pulled of if they're totally unaware).

Sneaking is basically jumping up and doing a roll, or jumping at them from 50 yards a way.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:13 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:Yes. It's on the wiki, in the mods section under the name of Space Lugaru, or you can just click here to download it.
Ok, now i know, but does it has armors, lightsabers or something?

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Yes.