Lugaru RP

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Lugaru RP

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:23 am

Okay, here we go...

Setting: Lugaru universe. Depending on the majority of characters that are created, it'll be a group of rabbits, a group of wolves, or a mix.

Rules I Use: I don't roll-dice or flip coins when I roleplay...really, I leave it up to the character's creator on how they want to deal with situations during the "story". But basically, no roleplaying other characters unless they say its okay...minor things are fine...eg:
Frank: "I trip Bob, shoving him over the railing."
Bob: "Flipping over the railing, I grab onto the ledge and swing myself back up, ready for any other move he may throw at me."

Restrictions:
Specially named blades and weapons are fine, even high-quality weapons made out of rare materials are fine...but none of this life-sucking, soul-stealing, radioactive, demonic, "E-Z-Lite" blade crap...If you want your blade to light on fire, state that its made out of a material that's highly-resistant to flammable liquids and high-levels of heat...but if you yell "Flame on!" and it torches enemies to a crisp...then forget it.
Also, you don't have to be a rabbit or a wolf...this is so that people can get more imaginative with the type of animal they are if they'd like...One more thing: No God-modding..there's no fun to it if your character can dodge all the arrows all the time or has some kind of death-touch skill (That works all the time...but really, try to avoid that kind of thing...).

Anyway, I'll post up an example guide if you want to use it...hey, if you want to get more detailed, by all means, feel free.

Name:
Race:
Personality: (How do they treat others? What keeps them going, why do they act a certain way? Eg: "Likes living life to its fullest, so he acts a bit selfish when he's trying to get what he wants.")
Appearance: (including things like limps, eye-patches, etc...)
Equipment: (armor, weapons, nick-nacks...)
Abilities of Note: (anything that they're particularly good at...I expect a bunch of assassin/throat slitting/stabbing skills :roll: )
Faults: (personality problems...eg: easily angered, shy, breaks down easily)
Relatives: (People their related to...not really necessary for this RP unless you want to RP multiple characters)

If you want to get really detailed, check out this website:
http://www.writerswrite.com/journal/jun98/lazy2.htm

EDIT:
Okay...since people aren't being nice until I get back...
A few new rules...partially to make it easy on me, and partially because you guys are just posting whatever the fuck you want when it comes to the RP...
Read carefully:
1. This is the Lugaru setting...which means we don't have any major scientific capabilities or such (that I know of...which means we don't...so there.), if you find a book of diseases fine, but something that in-depth is totally off the wall. Also no crazy-ass weapons, but you guys haven't done that...yet.
2. RPing other people's characters is a no-no..especially when it comes to combat or stupid things like throwing rocks, shitting on people's chests, slapping, pissing, anything vulgar or just derailing, or combat against one-another. However, saying you push a character out of the way or attempt to kick them in the groin is fine. If they ignore you, you can remind them...nicely.
3. If you flame, I'm not saying anything, except to remind you to stay on topic. I'm not stupid enough to think I can actually control what you do on the forums.
4. God modding...really, you aren't required to let your character get hurt...but this whole flinging death at enemies and they all suddenly die shit has got to stop...Yes, god-modding is a bit subjective so I leave it at this: If it becomes boring because you're just killing every enemy you see, then its god-modding...get descriptive, have some fun, describe the actions your character does, how they do it, the wind whipping through the air, arrows wizzing by their head, etc. "I throw a hail of rocks nailing 5 wolves in the temples, immediately killing them." is boring.
"Farish launched another rock from his sling, pegging his target in the ear, making it howl in pain and drop like a sack of potatos, reaching for another rock a brown streaked wolf jumps out of the shadows and goes for his jugular, blocking the bite with his forearm, he pulls out his club and brings it down gleefully between the wolf's eyes." See, sure the character got injured, but its nothing life threatening, it makes it more interesting and dramatic and it sounds better when you describe the actions and the scene.

Do any of these repeatedly and I'll start screwing your whole party over at the wrong times.
Last edited by Grayswandir on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:40 am

Sweet...
How shall we start?
A GM/Story Moderator creating an idea of a plot or shall we create a Character first?

I think Ill start Creating a Charictor anyway...

Name: Anderson (first name that came to mind)
Race: Rabbit
Personality: Particularly a bit gun-ho and Full of himself, due to this, he is constantly ducking blows from those who want to squash him.
He lives by a code of morals on engagement of combat.
-attacked when threatened
-Spare those not involved in a conflict (eg: women, Children, refugees minding themselves)

Appearance: A thin, scrawny Rabbit wearing some old bandages as a shit and a pair of platted pants.
Equipment: three throwing knives
Abilities of Note: Knife Juggling, Knife throwing, Multi tasker.
Faults: He can be quite a handful. it has also been noted by some that he mumbles "Mommy" when in true fear. He will also go into a rage when mocked about the above flaw.
Relatives: all his Relatives are unknown to him because he lived in an orphanage.

(is this a good character?)
Last edited by Colicedus on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:41 am

I'll see how many people are interested and then go from there.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:01 am

ok

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:08 am

Seems okay...but does he really wear his bandages as shit...and uhm...three throwing knives? I mean, its fine, but he's going to run out really quick...

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:23 am

If you download my Mod and look in the Textures you'll get an idea.
he uses more optical illusion by juggling knives and taunting the enemy.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:43 am

If there will be explosions throughout the story, I will contribute.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:48 am

I can integrate some kind of explosions into the RP...

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:37 am

heh sweet :) .

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:40 am

As long as I don't have to work too much on the chainsaw story as well, I'll join.

Name: Dahar
Race: Wolf
Personality: Hyperactive, shy at times, rather comedic, likes giving people more or less deadly frights, likes to use the environment as a weapon.
Appearance: Black with a tinge of grey, a slightly long face (Often joked about)
Equipment: Various poisons found during travels, a collection of throwing daggers collected from slain enemies sheathed in his belt (Along with pretty much everything else), his claws.
Abilities of Note: Stabbing his enemies in the back with the claws on one paw (From front, not back), leaping great distances, using corpses to his advantage, poison use.
Faults: Easily angered, often gets frustrated, the like.
Relatives: He doesn't like to speak of them, for some reason unknown.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:55 am

Name: Alphlagignibly
Race: Squirrel (Rabbit if he has to be.... :x )
Personality: Just a random squirrel that will sooner or later have important moral value. Easily aggravated
Equipment: Backpack full of grenades, a hunting bow with tips that gives you temporary Down syndrome and a homemade rabbit skin parachute.
Special abilities: can run up trees/rabbits/anything with good grip in a split second ready for attack. :shock:
Faults: Falls out of trees regularly and has a drinking habit, although he rarely gets smashed.
Relatives: His whole tribe is like a family. He never had parents, and that’s why he’s so fierce.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:11 am

Name: Alexander (his friends call him Xander)
Race: Rabbit
Personality: Always happy. Even to see his enemies, slightly creepy at times.
Appearance: Brown rags, ripped and damaged.
Equipment: A single Blade, made from bone.
Abilities of Note: He is noticeably stronger than a normal rabbit.
Faults: Well... He's insane. Plenty of twitching and looking at you with the head sideways.
Relatives: All deceased.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:12 am

Please explain How Teh Fark™ grenades would work in the Lugaru universe.

Oh, and yeah, can someone convert all these ages into rabbit/wolf/etc years? I was just playing along what with all the other ages people have put in.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:18 am

Fine... no genades :( . Replace them with acid. That plumbers acid that reduces everything to water :twisted: . But not instantly unfortunatly.

Edit: Mine is in squirrel years :P .

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:07 pm

Open, closed, or somewhere in between? Judging by your examples, it appears to be somewhere leaning towards closed. I don't usually do that, because it tends to get stupidly overpowered stupidly fast, but if you're GMing it and watching for powergamers then it's a'right.