New weaps in L2?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:07 am

I cannot wait to run around with a katana. Even if it's not that good in the game, I'm still gonna use it all the time. But I doubt that it won't be good....

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:43 am

Katanas are simply amazing, in my opinion.

amazing how they figured out how to make such a weapon though.

MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:25 am

they're all nice, but where are the chainsaws?!?!?!?!

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:Think Dragon's Fist, the Flash game, or Oni -- or Lugaru 1, really. They all have that same basic concept: if you pull out a weapon, you risk your opponent grabbing it and using it against you, so only use it if you're more skilled than your opponent.
I think the concept is more along the lines of, picking a fight with a school yard bully, pushing him, and then out of nowhere slipping a bunch of thumbtacks in your knuckles so he retaliates by pulling out his car keys and gouging your eyes out.

So enemies in L2 will respond in a fist fight when you attack them unarmed, but pull out your katana and they're going to pull out their's too. It's not about being reversed and loosing your weapon like in L1, it's about escalating the fight.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:44 pm

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Hah, I know where you got most of those, but did you just take the bo graphic from L1?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Zantalos wrote:I think the concept is more along the lines of, picking a fight with a school yard bully, pushing him, and then out of nowhere slipping a bunch of thumbtacks in your knuckles so he retaliates by pulling out his car keys and gouging your eyes out.

So enemies in L2 will respond in a fist fight when you attack them unarmed, but pull out your katana and they're going to pull out their's too. It's not about being reversed and loosing your weapon like in L1, it's about escalating the fight.
This is more like what I mean; I think that the violence of fights will be a lot more dynamic than in Lugaru, or any other game really. Not everyone who wants to fight you will actually want to kill you.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:42 pm

David wrote:Not everyone who wants to fight you will actually want to kill you.
*gasp*

What happened to the Lugaru we all know and love?!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:27 pm

This sounds very cool. If its implemented nicely, these kinds of personality things are very very appealing. To be honest if I knew one of the characters was fighting me but not intending to kill me, I'd find it kind of hard to kill him. Even in video games, I can't really do the cold blooded killer thing. That's why I only ever ended up being light side in KOTOR. The times when I was forced to do something evil kind of messed with my head. I like having the choice.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Yeah! What happened to hordes of wolves beating us while we're only half-up and can't launch an attack?!?!?!?

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:24 pm

Oh please. Wolves will still be heartless brutes.

Rabbits will just be a little more reluctant to kill you, unless you piss them off or something.

Renegade_turner:

Hm.. Strange, it's the other way around for me. No matter how nice a guy is being to me, I want to rip his throat out through his penis.

Only in games though.... Sometimes.. No, just in games.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:30 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:That's why I only ever ended up being light side in KOTOR.
I have played through KotOR at least two dozen times. I've never managed to work up the willpower to go light side either in Force powers _or_ in the general storyline. v_V

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Thread delivers. This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to see and hear.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 pm

It's probably not going to be things like wolves and cannibals, they absolutely want you dead. Things like policemen, they'll attack you but all they want to do is bring you in, they don't have to pull out their swords and kill you for breaking into someone's house.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Zantalos wrote:Things like policemen, they'll attack you but all they want to do is bring you in, they don't have to pull out their swords and kill you for breaking into someone's house.
No, their job is to distract you while the owner of the house sneaks up behind you with a frying pan, knocks you out and stabs you repeatedly with a kitchen knife. :lol: