Help on Wolf Den

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Toastmaster

Help on Wolf Den

Post by Toastmaster » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:31 am

grr.... I cant beat that stupid Wolf Den level! Even on the easiest setting!
Can anyone tell me the secret of beating it?

heres what I always do:

Leg cannon the first adult wolf clockwise from your starting position, do the same to the one after, then I get stuck on the third adult wolf, who, for some reason, can always counter my sword slashes 100% of the time and almost any other move I use as well. And if I go for the cubs, they all end up alerting eachother and they rush me. Every.Single.Frickin'. Time.

No matter what tactic i use I cant beat that third adult wolf. Ever.
Hep? :?:

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:40 am

If you hold the mouse button down while you are out of range, then you will attack the instant the wolf (or anyone else) gets in range. The sword's attack has a greater range than the counter, so this should make it less likely for the wolf to counter your attack.

Toastmaster

Post by Toastmaster » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:15 am

Hmm, seems to work only 85% of the time, sometimes all turner does is turn towards the enemy and then just stand there... But it worked, Thanks!

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:31 am

Lessee if I remember the level correctly (haven't played in a while)...Try this: Run around the wolf den so you end up on the hill behind the cubs, wait for the adult wolf to move out of the way, leap down and take out the cubs (you can easily leg cannon them into each other and end all their lives in just two attacks), then VERY quickly climb onto the block in front of you. If you're quick enough to make it up there before the adult wolf returns, it'll see the cub corpses and dash around the place madly trying to find you. When it gets near the block, it'll smell you and try to jump up to reach you, but it won't be able to jump high enough, so it'll eventually just give up and crouch right next to the block. Land on it and do a Spinecrusher or Backstabber.

Now you only have one wolf left to kill. Have fun.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:27 am

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 pm

And this is why I hate swords. :P

Toastmaster

Post by Toastmaster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Yeah, dave, make sure in L2 that swords arent quite as easy to reverse/steal without taking some damage at least...

But at least I beat that stupid wolf level! Man, that was frustrating....

Gopal Raman

Post by Gopal Raman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:35 am

when you start the level you will be in front of the wolf gate.move a little distance to the right and you should be facing a blue block.climb up it and you will alert only one kid wolf. (it works all the time :D ).then you leg cannon him after going down the hill(or if debug mode is on just press i to explode his head).then again go to the block and alert another kid wolf(make sure the adult wolf is'nt around )then after killing him return to the block and alert the third kid wolf (usually you have to take one step over the endand fall down)and kill him. then for the adults just use ultimatum479,s technic.(usually I just turn debug mode on and alert every one and take them down hill then kill them by keeping on pressing I and kill all of them)(works every time) :D

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Toastmaster wrote:Yeah, dave, make sure in L2 that swords arent quite as easy to reverse/steal without taking some damage at least...

But at least I beat that stupid wolf level! Man, that was frustrating....
Then they would be too good. I never used to like swords, I didn't even bother using it on Wolf's Den. But once you learn how to use the sword, it is a very powerful weapon. You have to slash when your enemy is not ready, or is facing a slightly different angle. Usually is you keep slashing, one will get through. Combat is dynamic :)

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Gotta learn how to use swords before they kill stuffs.

Swords reach further than hands, remember.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:17 pm

"Oh really?"

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:02 am

SUPERBUMP ALERT
Glabbit wrote:"Oh really?"
Lol