Need some help ;^~^

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Sacredwolves

Need some help ;^~^

Post by Sacredwolves » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Hello, everyone! I recently got the Lugaru demo, yet I have Windows Vista Home Basic... Yep, it's telling me "Could not set display mode". Anyone know how to fix this? I heard that running the game in "safe mode" helps, since it's windowed(which lets the game know that the display mode is windowed mode, so it works, correct?). I have no idea how to use the game in safe mode, maybe you guys could help me out on that? I also heard that putting "-windowed" at the end of the start path to the game would make it windowed, which would make it stop having that problem, yet it would not work... It says: "The name 'C:/Users/compaq/Downloads/lugaru-windows-demo (1)/Lugaru Demo-windowed' specified in the Target Box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct." Any help on that? ^^
(Note: The "/" are flipped. I couldn't find the flipped version of "/" on my keyboard. ;^^)

Also, the "config" file cannot access the game files as the actual settings, 'cause it's a thing that Vista does that doesn't let files get "where they're not supposed to"? Anybody know where/how to use the config settings(so they work), so I can change the resolution to have the game know the display mode?

Thank you!

rodeje25

Re: Need some help ;^~^

Post by rodeje25 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 am

I have a much better idea
Downgrade to windows xp
Or buy a mac (ppc will do since lugaru is a very old game)

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:11 pm

One thing that's come up once with Lugaru on Windows is that it doesn't work well if the path to the executable contains spaces.
So try to move the Lugaru directory to something like C:\Lugaru and see if it works then.

Not sure if this helps, but you should give it a shot.

Sacredwolves

Post by Sacredwolves » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Thanks, everyone! I'll try what you guys said when I get access to my laptop. ^-^

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:55 pm

You're welcome! Please remember to give feedback, just to help others who run into similar problems.