please to how can to can turn swords into BFG nuclear wepon?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.

Nuclear weapons?

Yes
8%
Yes #2
No votes
Yes #3
3%
Yes #4
No votes
Yes #5
21%
Yes #6
16%
OMFGWTFBBQ #7
53%

Total votes: 38

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:55 am

GRAYSWANDIR, YOU HAVE SURPASSED 1337. O_O

THIS IS QUITE DISTRESSING. =(

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:44 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:GRAYSWANDIR, YOU HAVE SURPASSED 1337. O_O

THIS IS QUITE DISTRESSING. =(
Yes, I have overcome the "1337" status and have become something more...something better...something far grander than a simpleton "1337"...I have become...
An involuntary convulsion!!!
YES...FEAR ME!!!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am

You would be feared more if you put people in cubic rooms with that image showing at all times, on the ceiling, walls, and floor… Whoops, said too much…

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:50 am

Zantalos wrote:Ultimatum, why do you need to repeat the subject by including the word "it" in order to make it work? There is a comma rule that says you have to join two complete sentences in order to place a comma?
Thank you for asking an intelligent question. Yes, in the case of joining two clauses with individual verbs but a shared subject, a comma is not appropriate. There are certainly other cases where a comma is necessary, such as in creating lists (which is what Aristotle did in the quote that Renegade idiotically thought proved his point) or setting off appositives and the like, but, when multiple clauses involving separate verbs are sharing a single subject, a comma is grammatically incorrect.

The funny thing is that everyone seems to believe _I'm_ the one being a "Grammar Nazi" here when the only reason that I pointed out Renegade's stupidity was because HE was being foolish enough to attempt to correct someone else's misuse of a comma while committing the same error in his own post.

EDIT: Oh, here we go. Read this and STFU.
Wikipedia wrote:I passed the test, but he failed. (comma) — I passed the test and He failed can function as separate sentences.
I walked home and left shortly after. (no comma) — Although I walked home is independent, left shortly after is dependent on the first part of the sentence.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:46 am

Oh stop with the fancy talk, the way I do my grammar is "If it sounds correct, it probably is, if it sounds correct and isn't, it's time for Grammar Thread #2".

Of course, you could keep on with the fancy talk, we don't really mind…

Actually, maybe I could demonstrate how sometimes grammar can be a strange thing, which of these sounds right to you?

"Oh, and maybe…"

"Oh and maybe…"

P.S: Told you someone would mention Grammar Nazis sooner or later… Actually, I probably caused that.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:08 am

I believe it's over Ultimatum. You can "win". Good game. HARRRRRR.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:45 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:You would be feared more if you put people in cubic rooms with that image showing at all times, on the ceiling, walls, and floor… Whoops, said too much…
Don't make me make a thread filled with that image.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:15 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I believe it's over Ultimatum. You can "win". Good game. HARRRRRR.
I don't care whether or not I "win". I just care that you "lose" because your blind overconfidence, even before I entered the thread, was pitiful and irritating.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Hate is a wonderful thing. I also hate people in general. It's a great hobby of mine. This is why I joined the Internet Hate Machine(tm)! You can also join now by just clicking on this fancy shiny button:

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Ahaha. Clever.

The internet is a place of fire, burning, axes, hammers and general hate and battle.

IT FRIGGEN ROCKS

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:26 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:I believe it's over Ultimatum. You can "win". Good game. HARRRRRR.
I don't care whether or not I "win". I just care that you "lose" because your blind overconfidence, even before I entered the thread, was pitiful and irritating.
Dude you're still winning after you already won. You're too awesome, and also too much win. I love you srsly. HARRRRRRRR.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:25 am

invertin wrote:The internet is a place of fire, burning, axes, hammers and general hate and battle.
Don't forget the trebuchets. Why does everyone forget the trebuchets?

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 am

There's a little too much hate in the thread.

Seriously, just wait a week until you both stop bleeding and you might be able to have a serious conversation that is actually halfway beneficial to the forum as a whole.

Four and a half pages of crap about a single comma (which, by the way, was completely unnecessary but not incorrect if representing a spoken sentence) is neither helpful nor intelligent.

I prescribe a giant padlock for this discussion.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:
invertin wrote:The internet is a place of fire, burning, axes, hammers and general hate and battle.
Don't forget the trebuchets. Why does everyone forget the trebuchets?
There's alot of stuff I didn't put on there. Like the shotguns and the bombs, but then I would have 3 paragraphs.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Makrond wrote:I prescribe a giant padlock for this discussion.
It already ended. Victory has been achieved. A giant fatality was delivered.