Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Jendraz

Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!

Post by Jendraz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Presenting...

"Lugaru: Empire" is an unofficial expansion pack released for "Lugaru: The Rabbit's Foot".

Lugaru: Empire includes:

-41 maps (including repeats and dialogues)
-104 rabbits and 22 wolves to defeat (including elite and "boss" enemies)
-2 different player characters

An unstoppable Assassin...

A heroic freedom fighter...
The island of Lugaru is embroiled in civil war. Led by the freedom fighter Lucius, the rebels have been fighting a losing battle to throw off the Imperial yoke. And now it seems the Emperor has unleashed a new weapon upon the rebel forces...one which may lead to the destruction of all who inhabit the island...

Frame-rate Warning: There are a few levels where the frame-rate gets down to the low 20's. This still works decently on my computer, but I'm guessing this wont be the case for everybody. There are 3 fighting levels with horrible frame-rates. If this is a serious problem, the following changes might help a little.
- Lower the "viewdistance". In the console, type "viewdistance .7" to reduce the distance you can see by 30 percent.
- Turn off the sky box. In the console, type "skybox"

To install Lugaru: Empire...

First back up the following files.
Data/Campaigns/main.txt ("Data" is located inside your Lugaru folder)
Data/Textures/World.png
Data/Textures/Lugaru.png
Data/Textures/Eyelid.png

Then just drag the Lugaru:Empire items from their folders and into the specified Lugaru folders.

I would like to give a BIG thank you to Silb, for without his answering my constant questions I would never have been able to finish this campaign. I was only able to create it by looking at what he had pioneered.
PM me on the Wolfire boards with any questions. Otherwise, enjoy!

-Jendraz
And thanks to David for hosting the download!

http://static.wolfire.com/legacy/LugaruEmpire.zip

--------------
Note: This mod (campaign, maps and custom textures) is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike license, version 4.0 International (CC-BY-SA 4.0, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/)
Attributions can be made to Jendraz.
Last edited by Jendraz on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:06 am

THANK YOU.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FREAKING AWESOME.

WHEN I GET HOME I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD IT STRAIGHT AWAY.

AND THEN I'M GONNA CREAM MY PANTS.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:38 am

how did you get the blue stain thing on the rabbit eye in the menu?

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:THANK YOU.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FREAKING AWESOME.

WHEN I GET HOME I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD IT STRAIGHT AWAY.

AND THEN I'M GONNA CREAM MY PANTS.
That was pretty much the best reply I could've hoped for :D

@Dudeman - It was a pretty weird process, I decided to do it last minute and didn't really do it properly. Since the Eyelid.png file had a weird transparency thing in the middle, I had to open it and take a screenshot. Then I cut the eyelid part out and saved it as a new file. The I pasted into it a scaled down version of World.png, which I had made blue/blurry. Then I just paintbucketed black into the eyehole.

If I had been using Adobe, I could've done it much better. But alas, I had to use GraphicConverter for the 1st time in my attempt. :?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:04 pm

I really like the Ash/Lucius characters, showing both sides of the conflict. These new campaigns are a lot cooler than the original one :)

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanks Jendraz, i tried to put a eragon symbol thing for my eragon campaign in the eye of the rabbit and noticed that it dint work, part of it was cut off by a opaque circle, so now i can get it to work, thanks again. :D

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Dudeman wrote:Thanks Jendraz, i tried to put a eragon symbol thing for my eragon campaign in the eye of the rabbit and noticed that it dint work, part of it was cut off by a opaque circle, so now i can get it to work, thanks again. :D
If you (or anyone) has more questions about making campaigns in general, I can probably answer them...since Silb answered them all for me :)
David wrote:I really like the Ash/Lucius characters, showing both sides of the conflict. These new campaigns are a lot cooler than the original one :)
We only make what your incredible game allows :)

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Horray! An excuse to find Lugaru and play it again!

:D

:)

:/

Where'd I put that Lugaru folder..

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:01 pm

hey Jendraz, when i made a dialogue earlier with TextEdit, I tried to use it in lugaru, but some random code came up in the dialogue box, and crashed lugaru, any suggestions?

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Dudeman wrote:hey Jendraz, when i made a dialogue earlier with TextEdit, I tried to use it in lugaru, but some random code came up in the dialogue box, and crashed lugaru, any suggestions?
TextEdit saves files in .rtf format, but you need .txt format. I think it will work if you just change the extension on the file name to .txt

I downloaded Plain Text Editor for free when making my campaign, try that if TextEdit won't work.

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:55 pm

While in textedit, go to the format drop down menu and hit "Make plain text." It'll then save in .txt format. You can also just hit "shift+command+t."

Note... this works for macs... dunno for sure for windows.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:15 pm

One map is a problem for me. Firstly cause it's glitchy and secondly cause I suck.

It's.. Uh..

You're Lucius, and there's 3 wolves and a bunch of rabbits, one of them has a sword, and it's some sort of fort or base.

Anyway- The glitch is that when you get into a fight with a wolf, if you escape they will run into a random spot on the map and just sit there. Strangely enough, this only happens to wolves, it's always the same place. And it's especially annoying when I manage to get all three in there.

One time a wolf ran away in the middle of a fight.

Also, attracting the attention of the whole map and jumping around has never been this fun. XD

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:36 pm

invertin wrote:One map is a problem for me. Firstly cause it's glitchy and secondly cause I suck.

It's.. Uh..

You're Lucius, and there's 3 wolves and a bunch of rabbits, one of them has a sword, and it's some sort of fort or base.

Anyway- The glitch is that when you get into a fight with a wolf, if you escape they will run into a random spot on the map and just sit there. Strangely enough, this only happens to wolves, it's always the same place. And it's especially annoying when I manage to get all three in there.

One time a wolf ran away in the middle of a fight.

Also, attracting the attention of the whole map and jumping around has never been this fun. XD
That's weird, where do they go?
I know that if the wolf AI loses you they normally just sit in one place after looking for a little while.

***(OMG SPOILERZ)***

Also, if you're having any trouble beating that level, try to enter the fort a different way..

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:46 pm

I am so excited for this. I'm going to play as soon as I get home.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:54 pm

Thx Cmyszka and Jendraz, i noticed it was in rtf format right after i posted, lol i feel stupid. :oops: