Re: Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!

Post by DJisbored » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Untadaike wrote:Lugaru is forever!

That would be great on a shirt. o=

I'm gunna get my mom to make me one for christmas. =o

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:30 am

Hey, my campaign thread is still kind of active. Sweet. :)

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Did I already tell you that your campaign is the only one where the plot makes sense?

Besides Reluctant Assassin, which I haven't finished yet. The level with five wolves gets me every time....

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you have something good to say about it :)

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Jendraz wrote:Thanks a lot, I'm glad you have something good to say about it :)
You make it sound like you were expecting negative reviews...

The Dante's Fortress was awesome; I replay that all the time. I love jumping off the very top only to survive the fall by crashing on top of one of the guys below. It's awesome.

Raneman

Post by Raneman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:33 am

I can't beat the first Dante's settlement level.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 am

Raneman wrote:I can't beat the first Dante's settlement level.
What's it called? I can help, I've beaten Empire at least six times.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Temple made sense too, it was just overly intricate... Still good, though.

Love Empire, Jendraz!

greader

Post by greader » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 pm

To install Lugaru: Empire...

First back up the following files.
Data/Campaigns/main.txt ("Data" is located inside your Lugaru folder)
Data/Textures/World.png
Data/Textures/Lugaru.png
Data/Textures/Eyelid.png

Then just drag the Lugaru:Empire items from their folders and into the specified Lugaru folders.
how do you back up a file?
And then you do what?
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 am

greader wrote: how do you back up a file?
And then you do what?
:?: :?: :?: :?:
Back up only means move the files listed to a different directory/location on your hard drive.

Then, after you put in the ones for the campaign, if you want to revert back to the old campaign, you still have the old files wherever you moved them on your computer.

To save you the trouble of moving files, download matto1990's Lugaru Downloader. It's cross-platform lightweight extremely useful program that allows you to switch between any of the numerous campaigns that have been made as often as you like, all the while using a slick graphical user interface.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:24 pm

I recently finished playing Lugaru: Empire. I must congratulate you on level design of certain levels, specifically the levels where Ash hunts down Dante. It was incredibly fun to stealth-eliminate every opponent as Ash, and brutally kill everybody in a fist fight as Lucius. The dialogue is better than in the original campaign, although Dedicus (is that how you spell it) was kind of lame as Lucius's boss, because you hadn't even heard of him until the final level where you fought him.

The Emperor was a good level, I liked the fact that he was speedy rather than over-powered. Brutus was also a good boss, although the tactic of using a high-health wolf as a boss is very, very, old.

This is my favorite alternate campaign and I will be coming back to it.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:06 pm

I think it's my fave, too, and I made one of the other campaigns :D

If I recall correctly, you meet Decimus in the throne room in one of the first couple of times you're there-- if you walk close to him as you pass on your way to the Emperor's platform, it cues a short, threatening dialogue where he and Ash warn each other to stay the hell out of the way.

it's easy to miss if you don't walk close enough to cue the dialogue, but you're going to play it again, so you'll find it.

The smallish room in the sky palace where you fight 3 wolves unarmed is so awesomely hard, and so satisfying when you finally win. By the time I'm finished I'm so tuned up that the next single wolf is cake.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:47 pm

kehaar wrote:I think it's my fave, too, and I made one of the other campaigns :D

If I recall correctly, you meet Decimus in the throne room in one of the first couple of times you're there-- if you walk close to him as you pass on your way to the Emperor's platform, it cues a short, threatening dialogue where he and Ash warn each other to stay the hell out of the way.

it's easy to miss if you don't walk close enough to cue the dialogue, but you're going to play it again, so you'll find it.

The smallish room in the sky palace where you fight 3 wolves unarmed is so awesomely hard, and so satisfying when you finally win. By the time I'm finished I'm so tuned up that the next single wolf is cake.
But then you kill him as Lucuis, which kind of takes Deciums's statements about "someday you will fail" and ruins the dramatic effect of those statements.

The sky palace room where Brutus's fellow wolves IS hard, although if you split them up and take them on one-on-one it's not that hard. Brutus is like a relaxing bath after that, though.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Aspen wrote:
But then you kill him as Lucuis, which kind of takes Deciums's statements about "someday you will fail" and ruins the dramatic effect of those statements.
Oh yeah-- good point! By that fight, Ash has quit his assassin career, if I remember right.

A possible opportunity for Lucius to say something like, "The Assassin has taken the Sky Palace, and killed the Emperor, General. He has retired, so now I am going to kill you myself."

...or some such bad-ass-yet-expository dialogue.

I also love reversing the wolves off the entrance/exit bridges of the night-time sky palace. "Wheeeeeeeeeee, motherf---er!! THAT'S RIGHT!!"