Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Aspen

Re: Lugaru:Empire, Another Campaign!

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:08 pm

kehaar wrote:
Aspen wrote:
But then you kill him as Lucuis, which kind of takes Deciums's statements about "someday you will fail" and ruins the dramatic effect of those statements.
Oh yeah-- good point! By that fight, Ash has quit his assassin career, if I remember right.

A possible opportunity for Lucius to say something like, "The Assassin has taken the Sky Palace, and killed the Emperor, General. He has retired, so now I am going to kill you myself."

...or some such bad-ass-yet-expository dialogue.

I also love reversing the wolves off the entrance/exit bridges of the night-time sky palace. "Wheeeeeeeeeee, motherf---er!! THAT'S RIGHT!!"
It's unbelievably satisfying to perform a reversal which sends your enemies catapulting down to the ground and high speed. My favorite reversal to perform when doing this is the lunge-reversal, when they lunge, grab them and flip them over yourself toward the edge. When executed perfectly, this move is so satisfying I often forget to defend myself against the remaining enemies and die. :|

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:56 pm

It's soo awesome.

What I love doing which is kind of random is smashing enemies to the ground because sometimes they randomly bounce like crazy and go flying through the sky. It's hilarious.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. It's great to hear comments on my work, whether good or bad.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:12 am

Sure, and thanks for making it-- totally fantastic campaign!

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Tue May 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Was browsing youtube and came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9YvFaH2zuM

First off, awesome job jajapuedovolar.

I was wondering if Ash having brown fur is a common problem for people? I remember this happening for some early on, but I never got a grasp of how prevalent this was.

Does Ash show up with black fur for you?

qubodup

Post by qubodup » Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 pm

quite cool but the platformer elements are just bullfrog

PS: and the three wolves attacking at the same time are total bullfrog as well o_O

PPS: wut?

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:41 pm

For the record,

Everything in the Empire Campaign is free under the Creative Commons: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Assets original to the Empire Campaign are: all maps (Jendraz 1-41) and the campaign file.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 am

qubodup wrote:quite cool but the platformer elements are just bullfrog

PS: and the three wolves attacking at the same time are total bullfrog as well
You're a bullfrog.
You wouldn't last three days in my campaign. (<--not meant to be an insult, more of a challenge)

TheNinj4

Post by TheNinj4 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:24 am

so do i just copy my lugaru file and put it in?

TheNinj4

Post by TheNinj4 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:28 am

it refuses to open :(
can this have anything to do with i bought it over steam?

krazykat

Post by krazykat » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:57 pm

This is a really cool campaign. Thank you!

Sorrr

Post by Sorrr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:56 am

I LOVE IT! better than the original, at least thats what I say. :D

F50

Post by F50 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Awesome campaign, just finished it. However there are some bugs that could potentially use attention.

The armory, along with a few other areas in the palace suffers from color bleeding (you see the ground texture instead of the rock), I do not know why.

The beginning of the bridge level spawned with a mountain inside the bridge proper (although apparently I was able to wade through the offending solid rock), and getting on the bridge in the first place required ten attempts, because the ramp leading up to the bridge did not fully lead up to the bridge.

Level 17 is the worst though, mostly because if the rabbits (including yourself) jump or are thrown off of the platforms they don't die. It is also possible (and possible to accidentally) to throw dante off of the platform (or just let him jump off) and then follow him down and use the spinecrusher.

Surprisingly, the platformer stuff is done quite well in the sky temple itself, except for the fact that some (particularly a group of three of them) will happily walk off of the platforms to their death.

This isn't really a bug but in the second-last level, the one with four wolves each of whom can one-hit you to death and yet can survive rabbit kicks into a wall (?!). Well, I eventually gave up and just threw them them all off of the bridge to nowhere. Is this intended? If not, how the heck can you reliably defeat them? On another note, why does that bridge exist anyways?

Finally the world-map gets really messy, and there are a lot of lines that simply should not be connected. This is completely the engine's problem, something which I may decide to write into the engine myself, should I find the time.

Don't let this get to you however, the campaign is awesome.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Aspen wrote:
kehaar wrote: If I recall correctly, you meet Decimus in the throne room in one of the first couple of times you're there-- if you walk close to him as you pass on your way to the Emperor's platform, it cues a short, threatening dialogue where he and Ash warn each other to stay the hell out of the way.
But then you kill him as Lucuis, which kind of takes Deciums's statements about "someday you will fail" and ruins the dramatic effect of those statements.
I kind of liked that you don't fight Decimus as Ash. Maybe it's because I like Coen Brothers movies..denying expectations. I thought Decimus was kind of puny for Ash, Brutus being a more fitting challenge. But maybe I'm making it all more important than it is.

I've got to replay this someday soon, and the other campaigns :)

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:52 pm

@F50 - Thanks for the critiques, as well as the compliments! Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get around to fixing those flaws, it took all I had to finish them damn thing and I'm still trying to recover :)