21%
Empire
50%

Total votes: 14

Angrboden

Which one, which one?

Post by Angrboden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:32 am

I just got Lugaru full, and ive already played every campaign. I liked temple,
I LOVED EMPIRE, and i disliked Lugaru. Which one to do you guys think is the best?

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:10 pm

I havent played Empire, but I tryed Temple. Temple was revolutionary to what kind of acutecture you can use in the editor, but its story I could barely understand, it might be just me, but I could not place the conection between Lugaru, and Temple.

personaly I liked Lugaru as atleast you could understand whats going on in the story. I probobly need to play though again.

Some one who could understand Temple, Please Explain it

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Well it was not supposed to have a direct connection to Lugaru's original story. It was meant to be an independant story. It was its own campaign, not an unofficial sequel to the original.

Also, I think that the story was fairly easy to understand. In fact, all three were fairly basic. They all dealt with themes of corruption, deceit and revolt. They weren't anything too taxing to be honest.

Maybe it got a bit confusing knowing who was who at times, but keep in mind these people aren't professional storytellers so they wouldn't employ techniques like pacing in the stories. They didn't really use any scenes to ease tension and allow the player to absorb the plot like other games with good plots would have.

This is probably because the plot was not their main focus. The focus of all the storylines was to serve as a vehicle for the action and the levels, or at least that's how I saw it.

Also, keep in mind that Jendraz (Empire) and Silb (Temple) would have had more time to create a story and levels to suit it than David would have. He doesn't have as much free time on his hands to work on the more minor aspects of the game like plot, as he has many other projects and responsibilities. I'm not saying that Jendraz and Silb don't have responsibilities; I am sure Jendraz and Silb are very busy individuals. However, I just think that they wouldn't have been particularly urgent about creating a plot. Considering this, David created a particularly good plot for what it was: a vehicle for the story.

(LOOK I USED A SEMI-COLON CORRECTLY. PWNED, SEMI-COLON. PWNED.)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:15 pm

I meant to vote for temple, but I confused them again, I liked temple the most though, I forget why.

Doom

Post by Doom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 am

Well, Empire had the best story, but the Temple and Original had something from cartoons, the dialogs...dunno :|

Empire rules!

KoKoBean

Post by KoKoBean » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am

Was temple the one in the end where u have the ice cave!

TEMPLE FTW!

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Original Lugaru..I liked the plot idea, but obviously the campaign is pretty bare-bones both in terms of levels and plot. Didn't matter though, I enjoyed it enough to buy the game.

Temple...was an incredible step up. Silb made some great architecture, difficult new levels, and the new idea of having multiple PC's. A huge leap from the original campaign.

Empire...well I'll admit that my campaign isn't a huge leap like Silb's is. I like my story the best, but I think Silb wins hands down on the creativeness and complexity of his levels. Empire is unique in that is is simply larger than the others. I think my "boss" characters with unique stats are pretty cool, but I can't claim I pioneered it...remembering David's Alpha Wolf.