Lugaru Map Save Issue

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
cjs378

Lugaru Map Save Issue

Post by cjs378 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm starting a custom campaign and i've created some maps to work with. i load the maps in lugaru and mod them but when i use the console command save mapname, it doesn't save. i tried loading the maps but the changes don't stay. any ideas?

i'm using open source version.

EDIT:
*Well, I'm at an impasse, can't save maps on version 1.1, and can't create dialogue on the steam version. it was gonna be an awesome campaign too.*

cjs378

Re: Lugaru Map Save Issue

Post by cjs378 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:43 am

I'm just gonna create the campaign on the steam version and use Dedit to create dialogue. too bad save doesn't work on windows for the open source version. now my only problem is creating multiply dialogues using Dedit, i can only get the first character i placed to talk. not giving up though! if i complete this you guys should be in for a treat.

MCMic

Post by MCMic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:23 am

For the OpenSource version the 1.1 release has a bug if the Maps folder does not exist.
You need to create a folder named «Maps» in the user path, I’m not sure what it is on Windows, DEVTOOLS.txt talks about «C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Lugaru/», that may be it.

Akien

Post by Akien » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 am

Glad to see modders playing with the open source version!

A side node about bugs in the open source version: Please don't hesitate to report them directly on the GitLab repository (you'd have to register an account on GitLab.com for that, though I think you might be able to login with a GitHub or Google account too): https://gitlab.com/osslugaru/lugaru/issues

We try to monitor the forums too but it reaches us faster via the issues repository :)

cjs378

Post by cjs378 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm

MCmic, you were right. i went into %appdata% and created a "Maps" folder in the Lugaru folder. It has a folder called Screenshots in it.

I attempted to save a map with "save newsnowmap". it created the map in the "Maps" folder i put in the Lugaru appdata folder but it doesn't load the map from that directory, the game wants to load maps through the main directory.

All i have to do is move the maps from appdata to the main directory. thanks for the help!

you guys should fix it to where it either saves maps to the main directory again, or loads maps from the appdata location.