The Weapon Shop

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Lotus Wolf

Re: Lotus Wolf's Weapon Shop

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:14 am

Rapier:

40 Gold Pieces At: http://rapidshare.de/files/40746746/Rapier.zip.html
Classic Renaissance Rapier.
Thanks rudel_ic, your converter is awesome, and your tutorials help. your awesome man :)

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:24 am

I like as well... :)
But I will not use it because Im having too much fun with my newst Transaction :twisted:

Chainsaw... GREAT COMMUNICATOR!
Come here boys, I'v something to say! Let me COMMUNICATE my desire to desire to quench my unquenchable capacity for violence with YOUR FLESH!

*My Chainsaw Plunges into my foes rib cage struggling to sqeese each tooth though with a plastering of blood, finaly leading to a satasfying chruch... the spine gives in before graviy, the saw blade giving leverage... what was one is now two*

FRESH MEAT! :twisted:

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:59 am

That was absolutely LOVELY!

Spear:

20 Gold Pieces At: http://rapidshare.de/files/40746850/Spear.zip.html
Spear used as it commonly is as a polearm (staff).
Thanks rudel_ic, your help is unfathomable. i am eagerly awaiting your next installment of the converter.

Shockwave

Post by Shockwave » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:05 am

really nice weapons man!
i love to customize my weapons but i dont get how to make shaders naturally. this is a problem with the knife and the sword. i just cant do it like you. my shaers always look stupid.
so good job!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:13 am

when you say shaders you mean textures right? and if you want to make your own weapon models, then rudel_ic has made some awesome tutorials, they're great. and if you make your own models, the textures don't have to be all to good, they will just naturally change for the model. and thanks :D

Shockwave

Post by Shockwave » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:24 am

no i dont mean textures when i say shaders... err... i mean the shadows on the knife's metal for example. im pretty skilled at gimp but i just dont know how to make shadows like they really are in the real life.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:16 am

Make a Viking Claymore sword o: And reply to the RP.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:54 pm

Shockwave wrote: no i dont mean textures when i say shaders... err... i mean the shadows on the knife's metal for example. im pretty skilled at gimp but i just dont know how to make shadows like they really are in the real life.
Actually, it's possible to precompute the shadows in Blender, apply them to the UV map, then export them as a graymap and later merge the diffuse map (colored texture) with such a graymap.

That doesn't make much sense with directional lighting, but if you use ambient occlusion for rendering, such a graymap would make the end result look really pretty.

Maybe I'll write a tutorial for that at some point, but right now, I'm swamped with work..

Also, one could use the builtin procedural shaders of Blender and generate a texture out of them. So if you for example wanted a wooden club, you could theoretically use the wood shader for your model, render that to texture and later use it.

By the way, Blender lets you paint on the UV map and see the changes in real-time.

To do this (BEFORE inverting normals or scaling up, otherwise, what you see in 3D view won't be helpful), middle-click on the bottom border of your 3D window.
Choose "Split area".
Click.
Change the resulting right viewport to UV/Image Editor.
Generate the UV map (in the 3D window, press F, press U, "Unwrap(smart projections)".

In the Image Editor, choose "Image -> New...", 512x512.
Then "View -> Update Automatically".
Then "Image -> Texture Painting".
Paint your stuff. The painting properties can be seen via "View -> Paint Tool...".
You can also select distinct faces in the left 3D view with rightclick, they'll be marked in the Image editor.
And you can transform the UV coordinates in the Image Editor, you have to be out of texture painting mode though. Then, you can select UV coordinates and translate them, rotate groups of selected coords or scale them.

When you're done, "Image -> Save As...". There's your texture! Don't forget to mirror it if you want to use it as a .solid texture though.

It's easier to do texture painting that way, at least to get basic stuff right. Detailed markings, like flaws of a blade, should be painted with Gimp or similar, obviously.

Edit: Looks like this then:

Really useful!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 pm

thats cool, i just learned something, again! :D thanks man. :wink:

Nest up will be that viking claymore.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:58 pm

And a reply to the RP <<

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:08 pm

:lol: i already did that thanks :)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Claymore:

30 Gold Pieces At: http://rapidshare.de/files/40751849/Claymore.zip.html
This is what came up when i googled "Viking Claymore" so i hope its what you meant, either way its still a sweet piece. Got a blued steel blade :)
Thanks to rudel_ic for his converter and all the hard work he put, and is still putting, into it. :D And thanks to ragdollmaster, for the request.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Next up will be a Dao, or primitive wakizashi. This weapon could be called "The mother of edged weaponry" As it was one of the first edged weapons ever created. Leave it to the Asians to make the cool stuff. :lol:

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:08 pm

Dao:

20 Gold Pieces At: http://rapidshare.de/files/40752542/Dao.zip.html
The Dao was an early version of the wakizashi, or tanto.
Thanks rudel_ic your converter happily helps me, without it, i'd be lost. :D

rudel? did i misinterpret you or did you say that we could soon convert .solids to .x? or did i misinterpret? cause that would be awesome.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Any requests? I'm happy to make them. :)