Unusual things to do

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
invertin

Re: Unusual things to do

Post by invertin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:10 am

You win for unusual game behaviour.

BUT I WIN FOR UNUSUAL CHARACTERS!

Debug is my haven for creating odd designs and things. I suck at map making, but my proportions stuff is just epic.

Robots -1 arms and legs, 0 head, normal body
Deathhead 0 everything, 1.5 head
DOOM INSECT 0.2 everything, 0 head. 0.2 size, 3 or something speed, 5 power.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:25 pm

ever mess much with size? also I like to make bobbleheads though I can't remember the measurements.

rebel28

Post by rebel28 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:57 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:I just jumped off, cause i knew my awesomeness would save me. :lol:
LOL, The first time I jumped off.... It was because I didn't know it was a floating platform :)

rebel28

Post by rebel28 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:59 am

Chainsaw man wrote:Has anyone Done a Dominose effect with more than 6 Rabbits into a wall?
I have done it :P
If u can do it again.. Video it... And post it on YouTube

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:15 am

I am pretty sure I saw a video of that from tannim on WeGame.com.

Thrain

Post by Thrain » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Derakon wrote:Now this was interesting. You know the Throne Room level in Temple, right? Totally impossible in Insane mode, near as I can tell. Just trying to survive (with no offense in mind), I jumped in at the enemies from the side, did a flip to confuse 'em, and then landed and tried to do a leg cannon at one of the wolves. Only thing is, he went off the edge, so I had nothing to hit, so I went off the edge, and as I'm falling, I see the rabbit and the other wolf also went off the edge. Wham, wham, wham, wham, we all hit ground in the space of a second or so, me last for some reason.

And then when the loading screen's done, I'm back at the first level as Feng! And when I'm done talking to the rabbits, the level ends...and I go to the level where Niels and Sven are talking about revenge!

So, to recap:
1) Abused AI to get it to leap to its death
2) Fell to my death too
3) This counted as a level clear
4) But sent me to the first level after instead of the actual next level
5) But after that I'm back on track!
This happens any time you die shortly after clearing a level; it also happens in the original Lugaru.

To avoid missing a level in between, don't do anything on the level: hit Escape, then End Level, and re-enter. The next level should still be in place.

And the Throne Room is far from impossible. If you want the easy way, run toward the group of enemies until you get through the tunnel, then turn right and run to the edge, then left until you reach the corner, then left again and run near but not next to the edge right behind the enemies.

They'll wait until you're about 3/4 of the way to the other corner; then a wolf will tackle you, with the rest right behind. (Don't be holding your sword or you'll lose it here. Leave it in your sheath.)

Roll out of the tackle and keep going; one or both wolves will fall over the edge. The rabbit will pursue; turn left at the corner and head for the wall. When you get close, jump high, do a wall-kick back behind your pursuer, and cannon him into the wall or space, or draw your sword and back-stab him.

If there's a wolf left, he's standing near the edge looking dopey ("Which way did they go? Which way did they GO?") and you can either cannon him into oblivion or run up and slash him a couple times.

Level cleared. (Don't die, now.)

eyeCube

Post by eyeCube » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:44 pm

I don't know if this qualifies, but every time I begin the campaign, the first thing I do is kill myself by flipping into rocks. I don't know why, it's just fun.

And once, in the 3rd challenge, I got all of the bunnies to chase me, then threw a knife at one. He fell backward and knocked the other two over, getting heavy impacts and gaining me a lot of points before they died.