Lugaru 2

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
vicksktr5

Lugaru 2

Post by vicksktr5 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:36 pm

I just beat the game and i was a little disappointed with the ending. There should be a Lugaru 2 where he makes a new family and meets other animals on the island. Also, I was wondering, by the names and the story of Lugaru, did the maker of the game get the idea from the novel Watership Down?

Kalriem

Post by Kalriem » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:09 am

I could go along with a Lugaru 2, but I'm against the whole "finding a new family, and settling down again" thing.
I'd rather he be scared for life, go into solitude, learn to fight with two weapons, and develop psionic talents. That would be more realalistic. I mean, how else are you gonna explain the freaky tutorial bunny?
Psionics makes everything better.:D

For those who don't know, psionics is mind over matter. I would suggest reading the Expanded Psionics Handbook from Wizards of the Coast, and reading David Eddings' "Belgariad" for a full run down on psionics/sorcery. :wink:

However the game needs a little less linear storyline. I may just be a control freak, but I like getting to choose what I say, and what moves I specialize in. :twisted:

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:50 am

Yes but it's not a role playing game, its a fighting game.
I would however expect bigger things from david in the future ^_^

Swordarm

Post by Swordarm » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:57 am

I do not think we need Lugaru 2. I just think we need more campaigns and weapons for Lugaru.
Looking forward to the wolf campaign.
Could you please post your procress zip ?

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:20 am

Swordarm wrote:I do not think we need Lugaru 2. I just think we need more campaigns and weapons for Lugaru.
Looking forward to the wolf campaign.
Could you please post your procress zip ?
progress of...?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:52 am

Nayr is working on the story, once that is complete work can begin on the maps.
Feel free to create your own maps though, a game like Lugaru will last a LOT longer with user made maps to play.
I don't know if the final Lugaru includes these, but near the end of beta testing Lugaru had the maps Custom1 through Custom7, these were the user made maps during beta testing.
You can play them by entering console(press ~, must be in debug) and typing map custom1 or map custom2 etc.

TheG-Man

Post by TheG-Man » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:08 pm

nope, those arent in final lugaru

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:28 pm

[sarcasm]Really?[/sarcasm] :roll:
Custom1 is meant to be your own map.

Deck_52
spelenk iz hurd

Post by Deck_52 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:56 pm

All i think it needs is more weapons.

oh did i spell that right :D

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:29 pm

tru dat, it would be pretty cool if there was like a "lugaru 70 years later" and there were guns, yes melee weapons are more fun mos def, it would just be cool to have the option

TheG-Man

Post by TheG-Man » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:32 pm

actually, that would be kind of cool. it would almost give the game more of a stealthy feel on the levels the baddies have guns, so you can like sneak up behind them and club them on the head with a branch from a tree or somethin, then take their gun.

iahucarus

Post by iahucarus » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:16 am

To the idea of 'scarred for life, learns to use two weapons' I would like to point out the sheer desecration of the Prince of Persia series caused by said trend. Perhaps an irony would be better suited to a second Lugaru? What if the player took on the part of a young wolf, his family slaughtered by a generic rebel martial artist rabbit, seeking to avenge his unfortunate relatives, wreaking havoc upon the rabbit-populated countryside, and generally killing everything in sight? Or perhaps a musical comedy? Just imagine: the young, rouge-ish Turner's adventures, filled with rambunctious laughter and morally upright song. Or even better, Bible stories! Just imagine, the tale of the prodigal son, illustrated by Turner's life! Why not fast-forward to WWII, where we meet Turner Rabbt, of the 101st Airbourne, deep in Nazi-occupied Germany, desperatly trying to keep up with his veteran comrades in the heat of battle! The possibilities are endless!