Lugaru: Reluctant Assassin

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Sandurz

Re: Lugaru: Reluctant Assassin

Post by Sandurz » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Wow, Lotus, I'm really amazed! I wish I could've played this sooner! I love the (almost) seamless transitions between levels on the same map!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks! :D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Lotus, this is a great campaign!

I'm having some weird issues though, (on two different computers) where after a while all the animations start playing the wrong direction (It seems to happen somewhere near the "Oasis" level). So I'll be attacking towards myself as opposed to my opponent. Often times it leaves me facing the wrong direction (which is a big problem while facing multiple enemies). Has anyone else had this issue, or know of anything I can do to fix it?

This happens on both a G5 Dual 2.5 ghz, 8GB RAM - 10.4.11 running the old version of Lugaru, and on a Macbook core2duo 2.4 ghz, 4GB RAM - 10.5.8 running the new (still being tested) UB version of it. It also only happens to me while running this campaign.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:58 pm

Hey, Lotus, check out my complete run-through of Reluctant Assassin on Youtube: :wink:

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:25 pm

Nice, I'll watch it tomorrow when I have fast enough internet for youtube. :)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 am

ariehl wrote:Lotus, this is a great campaign!

I'm having some weird issues though, (on two different computers) where after a while all the animations start playing the wrong direction (It seems to happen somewhere near the "Oasis" level). So I'll be attacking towards myself as opposed to my opponent. Often times it leaves me facing the wrong direction (which is a big problem while facing multiple enemies). Has anyone else had this issue, or know of anything I can do to fix it?

This happens on both a G5 Dual 2.5 ghz, 8GB RAM - 10.4.11 running the old version of Lugaru, and on a Macbook core2duo 2.4 ghz, 4GB RAM - 10.5.8 running the new (still being tested) UB version of it. It also only happens to me while running this campaign.
Sorry I never replied to this, but it's not a problem with the maps (I think), I haven't got any idea why the maps would cause that, or why it's happening at all... Sorry I can't help.

Other than that, I'm just reviving this thread for any new people.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:39 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:Sorry I never replied to this, but it's not a problem with the maps (I think), I haven't got any idea why the maps would cause that, or why it's happening at all... Sorry I can't help.

No worries. I've come to realize that it's not just your mod, but every mod. It seems to happen any time I'm playing a level that corresponds to a "dialog" level in the original campaign. I know it doesn't make any sense, but that's the way it seems to be.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Your campaign is excellent. From the types of levels I am encountering, I see you are a skilled Lugaru player. The level with five wolves took me a number of days to pass, and I wasn't even on the highest difficulty. (I was playing on difficult.) I am currently on the Terra Fortress level, I believe, and it is very nice. It has been a long time since I got defeated by rabbits who carried no staff or swords, just knifes and used hand-to-hand combat, so congratulations on knocking me senseless with relatively unarmed rabbits.

I have not finished your campaign yet, but I must say, it is the hardest I have played. I recently moved up from the "Easier" difficulty to the "Difficult" difficulty and it is a vast improvement. The speedier gameplay makes me appreciate battles much more, although I am not ready to give up my mini-map yet.

Thank you for the excellent campaign.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Thank YOU for enjoying it, it encourages me to make more. Yeah, the five wolves level is what stumps a lot of people, it took me a few tries myself to finish it.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Even more frustrating is the Desert level with seven wolves, maybe more, wolves. Do you have any tips for this? I am utterly and completely stuck. I am playing on Difficult, and can not kill more than four wolves before getting clobbered.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:00 pm

You might try taking advantage of the "nice aim" or "corpse cannon" thing: using the first downed enemies to clobber the next ones. It's relatively safe, and each hit does a ton of damage. Once you have two downed wolves about 60 feet/20 meters apart, you can launch one, knock your guy down, and scamper to the next corpse while he's struggling to his feet.

It's pretty hard to use this on insane, since the wolves "feral run" so danged fast, but it can still work.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Leg cannon seems to work against the feral run.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 pm

You have to get really good at fighting multiple enemies, otherwise, reluctant assassin is really hard. As for advice, I agree with kehaar, hit enemies with other enemies or bodies. Leg cannons can be DEVASTATING when you know how to do it just right. Reversals, counters, stuns/flips/light punches, all good lead-ins to a long combo counter. It's important to keep the combo counter going, my record is 6 "Mega Combos" in a row, which is... 10 consecutive hits (I think) within 3 seconds of each other. (The rabbits/wolves died, otherwise it might have been more.)

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:09 am

Beat your campaign, Lotus. The one level with five wolves in the castle was pretty easy, wall jump behind them and leg cannon them into the wall. :P The level with seven wolves took me awhile though, but I worked out a similar strategy (flip over their heads and leg cannon them into each other).

The ending was kind of disappointing, that's all I have to say about it.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:24 pm

There's talk of a sequel. :wink:

Edit, btw what didn't you like about the end?