GamePad support?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Madd the Sane

GamePad support?

Post by Madd the Sane » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:46 pm

Do you think that there will be joystick or gamepad support to it in the near future? This really doesn't bug me, but other people want it. I have no knowledge of coding whatsoever, but you could use either HID driver or XGamepadSupport as a front end to get the job done.

FoxInABox

Post by FoxInABox » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:04 am

lugaru works fine on my gamepad, but I don't find it so easy to move camera while I walk around, simply because I need the other hand to attack, so on my wish list you'll find camera-lock/follow mode .. but it's also a second thing that is a bit annoying when you don't have mutch camera controll, when I move around and then stop, jack will turn the way the camera is aiming towards, and that isn't very good if you want to counter attacks from a directions behind jack..

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:33 am

I didn't know Jack usually turned in the direction you/the camera is looking at and I also didn't know that enemies liked to attack from behind him, assuming you meant Jack, not Turner :P

Personally, I don't care about joystick/gamepad support; I only have a joystick and it only works with X-Plane (It requires a driver for anything else, either that or nothing recognizes it. I have a feeling it's the latter, as I don't think there was an OSX driver for it)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:56 am

WTF who's Jack?
Don't you mean Turner?

FoxInABox

Post by FoxInABox » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:43 pm

Don't you mean Turner?
Yeah, I meant Turner, sorry about that :oops:
Personally, I don't care about joystick/gamepad support; I only have a joystick and it only works with X-Plane (It requires a driver for anything else, either that or nothing recognizes it. I have a feeling it's the latter, as I don't think there was an OSX driver for it)
I use Saitek P990, but with its software you can change so that it will emulate keyboard press/releace with the joypad buttons and sticks..

But, lugaru is a finished game as far as I understand, and joypad support isn't realy needed, it just could be a little fun if it was, so this should purhaps be a idea for lugaru2.. will post it there.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:19 pm

Lugaru 2 has joystick support built-in using SDL.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:34 pm

Which prompts me to ask:
David, is there anything you CANNOT program?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:18 pm

Arnt wrote:I use Saitek P990…
I use a Saitek too 8) (Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold or whatever)
But as I said, I don't think there's any Mac OSX software for it, so it's either not work very well with most Mac OSX stuff, or not need any software whatsoever, or a bit of both