Windows build - final?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
David
Project Leader

Windows build - final?

Post by David » Mon May 09, 2005 1:35 pm

http://www.wolfiles.com/LugaruSetup.exe

If this works for most people, then I will release it.

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Mon May 09, 2005 6:51 pm

will there be a patch? I know that I bore everyone when I say it, :oops: but is there?

BeefNoBroccoli

:(

Post by BeefNoBroccoli » Mon May 09, 2005 9:25 pm

nope, i had the same problem i had with the other versions. Troublesome :?

EDIT: i tried setting all the config to the lowest possible/off and the res to 640x480, but it still crashed when loading the level textures.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue May 10, 2005 1:14 am

Madd the Sane wrote:will there be a patch? I know that I bore everyone when I say it, :oops: but is there?
From the beta version? Someone could upload the .exe file, which is the only thing that changed.

defiance

Post by defiance » Tue May 10, 2005 8:24 am

BeefNoBroccoli,
What are your system specs?

Could you explain a little more about when/how its crashing?

Also if possible, if it is bringing up the windows crash/error reporting screen can you post the extra information it provides - (there should be a link or some such on the message window that says something about viewing what this report contains).

Thanks.

BeefNoBroccoli

Post by BeefNoBroccoli » Tue May 10, 2005 10:13 am

defiance wrote:BeefNoBroccoli,
I have a Sager 8790 (laptop) - 3.4Ghz P4, 1GB of DDR, a 256MB Radeon 9700 video card, using Windows XP SP1. It's 1 year old.
defiance wrote: Could you explain a little more about when/how its crashing?
It crashes when it loads the level, everything until then is fine. After it loads I can see a screenshot of the gameplay (how you start), but before i have the chance to do anything (move or click) it crashes. When i set all of the specs to the lowest, it crashed right before that first screen even appeared. I had this problem with all 4 of the versions in the last Lugaru.zip, although before then, when i ran the version in windowed mode - this DID work, although i'm not sure why. When i ran the version that kept an error log, after it started to load some of the textures, the Loading animation...:Data:Animations:Tempanim was the last line after BM2.jpg was loaded.
defiance wrote: Also if possible, if it is bringing up the windows crash/error reporting screen can you post the extra information it provides - (there should be a link or some such on the message window that says something about viewing what this report contains).
do you mean all of the technical information when you click see details? it brings up about 55 modules with heaps of information, followed by a ton of hexidecimal. If you'd like i can find a way to post a link to it maybe...it's very long.
defiance wrote: Thanks.
Hopefully we can work through this and get it working.

rkn

Post by rkn » Tue May 10, 2005 4:40 pm

BeefNoBroccoli lives... :shock:

How were you able to run Lugaru windowed? Did you try doing that for the latest build (this thread)?

BeefNoBroccoli

Post by BeefNoBroccoli » Tue May 10, 2005 6:32 pm

rkn wrote:BeefNoBroccoli lives... :shock:

How were you able to run Lugaru windowed? Did you try doing that for the latest build (this thread)?
yes i do live 8)

there was a version on the forums that ran in windowed mode several days ago (at least it did for me!). I don't know how to run the lastest build in windowed mode (or if that was even possible), but since Lugaru crashed the same way in this latest version as it did in all of the exe's in Lugaru.zip, i'm assuming it's the same problem

Knork

Trouble with challenge lvl

Post by Knork » Tue May 10, 2005 11:18 pm

I am having a problem with the... 10th lvl i think in the challenge mode. The one with three floating boxes, two joined with one slightly higher than the other and the remaining box your staring point. The reason i can't give the exact lvl number is whenever i start the lvl or a little way through the game crashes.

Knork

Update

Post by Knork » Wed May 11, 2005 2:00 pm

Okay, now i beat lvl 10 but i can no longer load the game, i went about the lvl differently than before and it seemed fine until i exited and found i couldn't get back into the game.

Great game by the way

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed May 11, 2005 2:50 pm

What were you doing previously in level 10 that caused the game to crash? A little more information is necessary.

Knork

A little more information

Post by Knork » Wed May 11, 2005 5:28 pm

I would jump from the starting block to the taller of the two joined blocks, the one on the right. It would then crash either right away or after a few seconds of fighting.

defiance

Post by defiance » Sat May 14, 2005 5:41 am

BeefNoBroccoli:
What video card driver version are you using?
Is that XP Pro or Home?

Knork:

Thanks.

BeefNoBroccoli

Post by BeefNoBroccoli » Sat May 14, 2005 6:39 pm

I'm using XP Pro with SP1.
As for my video card, I am using RadLinker 2.030, and below is the driver info

[ ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series (Omega 2.6.05a) ]
Video Adapter Properties:
Device Description ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series (Omega 2.6.05a)
Adapter String ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series (Omega 2
BIOS String BK-ATI VER008.017M.097.000
Chip Type ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 AGP (0x4E50)
DAC Type Internal DAC(400MHz)
Installed Drivers ati2dvag (6.14.10.6505)
Memory Size 256 MB

ALSO: defiance, I PM'd you my complete system specs (too long to post here) if you think it's a hardware issue.
Hopefully this can get resolved :)

TomyLobo

Post by TomyLobo » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:47 pm

same problem on my (main) machine and that of my cousin
mine is win xp x64 SP1 (that refers to win2k3 SP1, on which it is based) with GF 6600GT running on the newest available drivers
my cousin's is win xp pro SP2/ati radeon 9xxx (dont think the exact model will matter, but i can ask him if needed)

interestingly it works on my old win2k sp3 machine with a GF3 in it
either there are 2 bugs in the game that result in exactly the same thing (crash with one fixed image drawn) or this bug is winxp related, which wouldnt be the first xp-only bug i've seen

on my main machine i tried various things to make it work, but none of them worked:
disabled all effects, set resolution to 640x480, disabled hardware acceleration for directsound and for directdraw/3d (which probably didnt have any effect since the game runs on opengl)