Lugaru Model Import / Export scripts for Blender

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: Lugaru Model Import / Export scripts for Blender

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:26 am

Sweet, I'll definitely use your contribution! Thanks for the work, man! You'll be listed in the credits, if that's alright. I'll put your changes into the next release from myself once I'm there. Will also test stuff, of course.

If you want to write other functionality, poke me. I've got this animation import/export thing, there's already some stuff.

I'll also put your stuff into the skeleton importer/merger code because it's basically the same there.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:39 am

rudel_ic wrote:Sweet, I'll definitely use your contribution! Thanks for the work, man! You'll be listed in the credits, if that's alright. I'll put your changes into the next release from myself once I'm there. Will also test stuff, of course.

If you want to write other functionality, poke me. I've got this animation import/export thing, there's already some stuff.

I'll also put your stuff into the skeleton importer/merger code because it's basically the same there.
No problem at all good sir, your work is an inspiration to all of us :D

I'd be honored to be included in the credits of an official release, though I don't know how much use I'd be in adding more functionality, but I'd certainly be willing to try.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 pm

I like it, nice job.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 am

kracey wrote:What is the hyperlink to switch back from yahoo mail beta to the old version? I'm checking my yahoo mail by using opera mini. This software doesn't support yahoo mail beta. Unlucky me, yesterday i made wrong click that change my mail to yahoo mail beta. Now i can't access my email coz its appear blank and i also cannot switch it back to the old version coz that blank appearance. So, please help me by giving the hyperlink/the address to change my mail to the old one.
Is it just me or is it troll season...? I mean yahoo beta... seriously?

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:26 am

=/ please don't encourage it... the question really deliberately had nothing to do with the topic matter.

If it had been just a lost, albeit confused first-time forum visitor they would not have posted in a topic that had already drifted to the bottom of the topics page due to lack of activity.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Why I posted was mainly to prove that we were not the first to be into questioning.
So, Yes, it is troll-season.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:36 pm

oooooh okay, that was completely my bad there.

As was probably obvious to you, I didn't look close enough at those results to realize what you meant.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Don't worry, no hard feelings.

We should leave this thread now.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:33 pm

I've ported the Lugaru Model Import / Export scripts to Blender's 2.58 Python API.

Get them here: http://www.alice-dsl.net/wolf.mathwig/tools/py/

2.58 note: Put the scripts into Blender's addons folder and activate them in the User Preferences Panel.

Edit: Oh, the 2.58 scripts fall under GPL v3. The 2.49 scripts retain their previous license.
Note that iCoder associates are still not allowed to use any tools made by me that are related to Lugaru. This doesn't change, regardless of license.

SmashOgre

Post by SmashOgre » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:56 am

I'm relatively new here, and I spent the last couple days skimming through the forums that interest me. I have to say that you, rudel_ic, have contributed greatly to the Lugaru community. I think in my spare time, I will be playing with some of these Blender tools. Is it still the case that the vertices have to be the same if you change a moving model? Like I need to open the rabbit and move the verts around? My main question is this: Will all the vertices have to belong to the same body part that they did before? If for instance, I take off the ears, should I still include those faces in the head to keep things right, or can they be transferred to another region for added detail there? Or can I make a totally different model to use? I've been reading old and new stuff hunting around for mods, so I'm a little confused about what old limitations may have been overcome. Thank you in advance.

SmashOgre

Post by SmashOgre » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 pm

I just actually started reading the instructions for the skeleton scripts. Sorry for asking all that so prematurely. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. I feel pretty dumb right now. :oops:

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:28 am

Yeah, skeletons. Don't feel dumb though, you have to learn somehow, right?

Snowmeow

Post by Snowmeow » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:06 pm

rudel_ic wrote:You can get the scripts in a ZIP archive right here: http://www.alice-dsl.net/wolf.mathwig/tools/py/
I can't access the site (Error 404). Is there other source? :(

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:29 pm

these still around anywhere?